4

[Aizawa POV]

Aizawa noticed the detective, Tsukauchi Naomasa, sizing up the 9 teens in the room, and sighing in frustration. He also noticed the 9 teens glaring at him as if he had just killed their mothers. Rolling his eyes, he called for attention, and not surprisingly, attention was not given until the winged teen clubbed half of his comrades on the head with his wings.

"Thank you. We will now start the interrogation."

"Give it a better name, will ya?", one of the teens muttered. He couldn't figure out which one it was since they had all insisted on keeping their masks on.

The detective coughed awkwardly and began. "My name is Tsukauchi Naomasa and I will be the interrogator. First, what are your names, ages, and quirks?"

"I'm Arai Kisuke and I'm 16", the one with wings replied. "My quirk's called Crow."

"Arai Umiko, 16 years and single", the teen with the beanie replied, eyes crinkling to indicate a smile. "My quirk is Hypnotic Melody."

"Uh..."

"My name is Arai Joji. 16, just like everyone else. My quirk is Error 404." Joji slid his clout glasses down so that they covered his eyes.

"Arai Takeshi", the pink haired teen replied in a monotone voice. "16. Blood Control."

Aizawa shivered at that.

"Arai Ayumu. 16." The teen in the green hoodie seemed even more bored than the pink-haired one. "Signal Tower."

"I'm 16 and I'm Arai Kaji. My quirk's called Flamedancer."

Aizawa remembered that Kaji had almost thrown a fit when they had told him that he couldn't play around with his flames in the interrogation room. Now, he just seemed slightly annoyed.

"Well I'm Arai Tomi and I'm 16. My quirk is Griefer", the boy with the white and red T-shirt proclaimed loudly.

"And I'm Arai Hachi. I'm also 16. And my quirk is called Hive." Hachi's bee wings fluttered.

Aizawa blinked. Was that excitement that he saw? Before he could think any further, the final teen, the tallest boy gave his answer.

"My name is Arai Makoto, and I just turned 16 today. I can teleport. So yeah. Teleportation."

"You all confirm that what you are saying is true."

"Yes", they all replied simultaneously.

"Get on with it already", one of them grumbled.

"Okay, next question. What were you doing at the abandoned storehouse."

Ayumu raised his hand, almost mockingly, it seemed. The detective genuinely seemed at loss so Aizawa cut in and motioned for him to speak.

"Celebrating our birthday", he replied.

"And you people and the LOV people came and ruined it."

"Shut up Joji."

"Okay Ayumu", Joji replied, clearly annoyed.

"Uh...". The detective continued the interrogation.

"Why were you all celebrating your birthday in an abandoned warehouse."

"We had nowhere else to go, and the storehouse was free, so..."

"Where did all the furnishings inside come from?"

"Some we bought, some were donations."

"Donations?"

"Random stuff from the strangers we see everyday. We make them laugh and they give us money."

"Ok next question. What are your relationships with the League of Villains?"

"Never seen them before that day."

Aizawa looked at the detective and he nodded. All of the above statements were true.

"Why did you all run when the heroes arrived?"

"We were scared. Well, at least I was scared."

Takeshi spoke up. "I was just following them."

"Who sent up the flame column?"

Kaji raised his hand.

"Why did you send up the flame column?"

"'Cause you're supposed to call the heroes if a bunch of strange people break into your house."

"Um..."

"And why did you run when the heroes came?"

"I dunno. Ayumu started running so I followed."

Someone snickered. It must have been Tomi because a second later, he said, "Looks like Ayumu was the only one who was scared."

Ayumu glared at Tomi and they started bickering.

"Kids." Kisuke spoke up and silenced them. "I will admit. I was scared as well, and I think-."

"Not you too, Kisuke!", .Tomi protested.

The bickering ensued.

Aizawa sighed. It seemed that they truly were children.

The detective coughed and everyone grew quiet.

"Arai Umiko."

"Hm?" Umiko had been looking down at his fingers. Now, he looked at the detective and smiled.

"Did you use your quirk on the civilian?"

"The nice lady who screamed in my face? Yes. I did."

"Can you explain why?"

"I don't want to", he replied bluntly.

The detective faltered and Umiko laughed.

"Just kidding. I hypnotized her because a green rabbit, a white Pomeranian, and Mr. "scar face" were chasing us. I figured they would leave us alone after the lady got a bit mad. They didn't." His face lit up. "Oh wait! That's right! The Pomeranian used violence against an innocent and frightened civilian! You've got to punish him accordingly, right?"

"This interrogation does not concern 3rd parties such as Katsuki Bakugou", the detective replied quickly.

"Of course. Of course. I was just stating a point."

Someone amongst the group wheezed, catching everyone off guard. "He knew the Pomeranian's name-". Ayumu wheezed again.

Aizawa coughed. Aggressively, he said, "Let me remind you all that this is a formal interrogation. We will not tolerate foolishness." He gave them all a glare.

"Oh my god. He's bullying orphans", Takeshi drawled. "Teach me your ways Sensei."

The rest of the interrogation continued as such and by the end, Aizawa was seriously ticked off. The detective was pale faced and looked like he desperately needed sleep.

"We'll - continue th-this next we-week", he stammered and abruptly left.

Ayumu stood up, raising his hand. "Wait-." He turned to Aizawa. "Um.. sir?"

"What is it now?"

"We don't have a home anymore. So-"

Aizawa groaned amidst calls of something that sounded like, "homeless Teletubby", whatever that was.

"I'll go sort it out for you problem children."

"Thanks!"

"Problem children? How rude."

"You're rude."

"No you."

Aizawa groaned again, wrenching at his hair with his hands. This was going to be a long week.