21

[Aizawa POV]

Aizawa was attentive. Missions had never gone so smoothly. He could feel that something very wrong was going to happen soon. He knew, actually.

Nezu had warned him before their departure that the League of Villains would strike. It was just uncertain when and how, but at least the heroes knew who their target was - the "Miracle Doctor". Of course, they were hoping that the villains would back down just with their presence but that was unlikely. After all, their lack of secrecy and fear was why Nezu had been able to predict their movements in the first place.

Aizawa yawned, closing his eyes. He really needed a better sleep schedule, in case his eye bags weren't a big enough indicator of that. In fact, he could feel his scalp tingling from the lack of sleep. His eyes widened.

"Hello there."

Reptilian eyes stared into his own. As Aizawa stepped back in surprise, the fires started to light. His eyes snapped to a familiar black cloaked figure in the distance. Dabi. He could only think that it was lucky that the villain's flames weren't lighting properly due to the environment before being forced to dodge a swing from Spinner, the reptile-like villain. As he fought, slowly getting the upper hand, he could hear his students springing into action.

"Protect the civilians!!!", he shouted to them.

"Ha! Still got time to worry about your students?"

He spun around. There were two of them. No three. No. It was Twice. Aizawa grimaced as they surrounded him. Activating his quirk, his eyes scanned for the original but found nothing. The clones were still there. Well, he would just have to keep punching until he found him.

Aizawa ducked as the clones all leaped at him. He sprung to the side and delivered a swift kick to the one closest to him. It dissolved into a grey sludge. He grimaced, but only for a moment before continuing to deal out punches. His knuckles became painted grey but Twice's clones showed no signs of stopping. Tears sprung up in his eyes as he strained his quirk more and more. He paused to blink after knocking out the wave closest to him, then sent his scarf forward to cover himself as he sneaked a glance at his students.

"Hello hero."

Instinctively, he dodged to the side, narrowly avoiding a punch from Twice.

"Are you the real one?", he asked, expecting no reply.

Aizawa's eyes flared red once more but the number of clones did not change.

"Guess not", he muttered, deactivating his quirk. Then the punch hit him square in the back of his head. Falling to the ground, Aizawa felt a weight land on him.

"Dammit."

He twisted his body and kicked the body off of him. Forcing himself up, Aizawa tried to ignore the ringing in his skull as the Twice in front of him seemed to back up a bit. Was the one that the real one? His quirk activated again and then...

Bang!

A hole appeared in Twice's forehead.

Aizawa's eyes widened, waiting for the bit of blood to trickle out, for the villain's eyes to widen in surprise before going blind forever, but the body merely fell atop him as grey sludge. He quickly got up scanning in front of him for the shooter.

"And this, kids, is why you should never underestimate that one man holding a gun. He might just be a gamer."

A familiar voice rang out in the silence. Aizawa turned quickly, hoping for the worst.

Arai Takeshi was looking mildly unimpressed, gun just barely peeking out of his long red cloak, smoke casually still drifting from the barrel as if he had just pulled a lame party trick and expected no applause. The tip of the gun disappeared and Takeshi jumped down from the ledge he had been standing on, revealing a white collared shirt with puffy sleeves and a pair of black pants.

"Hello nerds." The pink-haired boy grinned, inhumanely sharp canines showing. "How was that? I want some Techno-snipers in the chat."

"Takeshi".

Everyone had stilled as if to welcome the new addition to the battlefield. Either that or they were all freaking terrified of his eyes. The pupils had turned a bright red-orange colour and to top it all off, the colour had been enhanced by the surrounding black sclera, giving the Blade the aura of a bloodthirsty warlord.

"Who is this brat?", Dabi muttered. Although he seemed calm, he too remained as still as everyone else.

Takeshi faced him. "No blood?", he asked simply as if asking someone else. Before anyone could reply, he replied to himself, "No blood it is. I guess I'll have to socialize. Lame."

He closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again, they had reverted to their original state.

"Anyways, I'm here on a job", he announced. "I'm looking for a person who - quote on quote-". He did the gesture. "-seems special but not that special."

No one replied.

Takeshi sighed, one hand rubbing his temples. "God dammit. Should have asked Ayumu for a better description...". He trailed off, eyes glancing into the distance.

Aizawa followed his gaze and swore under his breath. At first, it seemed like Ms. Guide was protecting a fainted "Miracle Doctor" on her back. But why would they be outside? Unless Ms. Guide was Toga using her quirk, he deduced immediately.

His eyes glowed red - despite the dryness - as the disguise melted away, revealing the highschool-aged villain. Toga giggled a bit as bits of the fake skin continued to flake off.

"GO TO HELL!".

An explosion caused Aizawa to shift his eyes to his students momentarily.

"Bakugo!"

As Bakugo barrelled towards her, Toga was grinning. There was a flash of silver as she whipped out a knife and put it to the "Miracle Doctor"'s throat. Such a small knife, yet that was all she needed to throw Bakugo off guard, landing a swift kick to his stomach as she leaped backward. A purple portal appeared where she landed. It took Aizawa mere moments to realize what was happening, but those mere moments left him reaching for air as the portal disappeared right in front of him. When he turned, the League of Villains had all disappeared.

"They... escaped."

Silence ensued as the blue fires slowly burnt out. Aizawa grit his teeth. This wasn't the time to feel lost or dejected. They needed to move on.

Clearing his throat, he turned to his students. "Class 1A. We-." He stopped quickly looking around the area. His eyes widened, bewildered, hopeful and the slightest bit worried.

"Where's Takeshi?"

*****

Thousands of kilometers away, a group of villains were panicking.