14

[Tubbo POV]

Strangely enough, the heroes had let everyone - except Wilbur, Dream, and Techno - go freely. Wilbur must have used his quirk. Truthfully, Tubbo had been a little jealous at first. Charmspeak was an insanely powerful quirk although he knew that there had to be some drawback that Wilbur had kept silent about. But Tubbo was pretty lucky himself. His quirk was powerful. And sure, he wasn't one for scheming like Dream or Wilbur, and although he could cook up a pretty decent speech, Tommy was much more charismatic and empathetic.

But Tubbo had his talents - for one, he wasn't stupid. He sure didn't have enough materials for an nuclear bomb but he wouldn't need them. He just needed his quirk to carry out Dream's plan.

*****

"And Tubbo, whatever you do, do NOT tell Tommy. Do you understand?"

Tubbo had felt a pang of guilt then. "Why not?"

In response, Dream had pointed to his head and spun his finger in a little circle. 

"Saviour complex", was all he had said. 

His finger came down, and he gave Tubbo a sympathetic, sad, little smile. "You want to go back, right?" He had come forward and placed a warm hand on Tubbo's shoulder. He whispered to him, "Then, we can't tell Tommy. I know it hurts, but we just can't - if we want to go back."

*****

Tubbo looked up from his thoughts. "Oh, you're back."

A metallic, light grey bee materialized a few feet away within the dark alley, perching on Tubbo's outstretched finger. He shifted a bit against the concrete wall of the apartment building as the bee dissipated into his palm.

"No one saw you?"

Tubbo cheered quietly, congratulating himself on another discovery pertaining to his quirk. Camouflage. All he had had to do was give his bees a reflective armour, made of many flexible, microscopic scales. It wasn't perfect, but unless someone had a sensory quirk, there was little chance that anyone would be able to notice his bees. Perfect.

Smiling, Tubbo summoned a swarm of Camouflage bees. Unfortunately, they were a very obvious, neon yellow without the camouflage, but that couldn't be helped. Although he wasn't sure why, it was a necessary attribute for their other trait.

"You all know where to go?"

In response, the bees vanished into the sky. Tubbo made note of the soft buzz of their wings before the wind washed it away. He would have to figure out how to make them completely silent one day.

Tubbo tugged down on the hood of his soft green hoodie and began heading out of the alleyway. What had he told Tommy again? Ah, right. He was going to find an icecream shop. He reached into his pocket for his UA-issued phone - as if he trusted them; the first thing he had done was get rid of the tracking device and stick it on Tommy. It was in a dull black case and cold from being turned off for so long. He powered it on.

"Come on, hurry up", he prompted it.

The white, outline of a pear lit up, lighting up the dark, narrow alleyway. A ripoff of Apple, it seemed. At this point, Tubbo was inclined to believe that this world wasn't a future world, but rather, a story of some kind. Kind of like the DreamSMP except he could control how he felt and what he wanted to do.

The end of the alleyway was still a good couple steps away when someone turned in. It was a person all in black, clutching a bulky canvas bag in his - her?- arms, and sprinting straight for him.

"Out of the way, brat!" It was a rough genderless voice.

The thief - Tubbo assumed so - knocked him off to the side. He heard something fall next to him with a clunk and opened his eyes just in time for the thief to disappear with another person in black. An accomplice with some sort of invisibility or teleportation quirk. He looked beside him and saw a bulky canvas bag.

"Stop villain!" A dude - a hero, it seemed from his ridiculous clothing - burst into the alleyway, slightly levitating above the ground.

Sh*t.

Tubbo's first instinct was to send out his bees to form a smokescreen. Then, he remembered - the hero hadn't seen his face yet. He was wearing a hood so the hero wouldn't be able to recognize him, but he might recognize his quirk.

Settling for the best option, Tubbo began to cower, falling to the ground dramatically. "I don't- I-."

"Kindly surrender, villain."

Tubbo resisted the urge to growl in disgust. Was he colourblind? Even so, a light green hoodie was a ways away from black ninja clothes. He'd have to ask George later if he could tell the difference.

Instead of growling, Tubbo forced himself to flinch. "Villain? I don't understand. They just- just disappeared! I-." He made an exasperated sound.

The hero stopped his advance and paused. "They?"

In that instance, purple sparks appeared behind him. A black claw draped itself on the hero's shoulder.

"Ran-?" Tubbo stopped himself before he said Ranboo's full name.

Either way, it didn't matter. He disappeared as fast as he had come, and returned within the span of a second.

"Ranboo, what are you doing here?"

Ranboo didn't respond. A dark hood was over his head, kept in place with a black baseball cap, but his pure black and white hands gave him away. He stepped forwards and Tubbo felt the world lurch beneath his feet. The next moment, he was on the top of a building, batting the purple sparks out of his eyes.

"I tp'ed the guy to some random island. There's a note beside him. Says "Don't bully my friend, you hero-wannabe"." He gave a high pitched squeak which Tubbo realized was a laugh. Could Ranboo make a sound like that?

Before Tubbo could ask him what was going on, Ranboo disappeared again. The purple sparks flashed periodically in the distance, getting further and further away. He stared in confusion before he remembered.

"Wait Ranboo!"

Hopefully, he located a door and tugged on the handle, his heart sinking when he realized that it was locked.

Looking over the edge of the building he whispered softly, voice wavering, "The tracker's still on Tommy..."

*****

[Ranboo POV]

Ranboo was suddenly standing, facing the spot where he had sat moments before, and it was crazy bright. He blinked.

Where did Midnight go? He could have sworn that she was just at the door, giving him... something.

He reached up to scratch his head then realized that he was wearing a black hood. What? He had been wearing a T-shirt not even a second ago. What had happened?

His gloves - that he was sure he was wearing - lay on his bed, and beside them was a piece of paper covered in creases from the amount of times it had been folded.. Moving over, he picked it up and straightened it out.

It said...

[  :)  ]

Nothing.

Ranboo felt a mild headache take hold and shook his head rapidly, but his headache only got worse. The walls began to wobble, the ground turned to jello, and the roof caved in on him.

When he woke up again, it had turned to night.

And a mouse was staring him in the eyes.