Two

Hera was sitting in the room of the house pack gave her. It was a small house but very comfortable for her.

A knock on the doors woke her from her thoughts and she went downstairs and when she opened the doors two boys were standing.

"Stiles?" she asked looking at one familiar face. "Hera, this is Liam. Liam, Hera." Stiles said and two of them nodded to each other.

"So, what are you?" Liam asked her and her skin changed into orange with black stripes and her eyes glowed blue.

"Woah." he said and she shifted back and smiled. "I'm a were-tiger." she said and he nodded.

"So, you guys wanna come in, or?" she asked. "No, we actually came for you to help us with Theo." Stiles said.

"What do you need me for?" she asked. "Well, a tiger is much stronger than a wolf, so. You could protect us." Stiles said.

"Aren't you a wolf too?" Hera asked Liam and he nodded. "Okay, a wolf and a tiger against other wolf is better than wolf and wolf." Stiles said annoyed.

"Where are we going then?" she asked and three of them walked towards Stiles's jeep and went away.

***

"I told you he was up to something." Stiles said looking through the bushes at Theo who walked inside the woods.

"We just spent three hours watching this dude play video games in his bedroom." Hera said and Liam nodded.

"He better be out here covering up a mass murder." he stated. "Let's find out." Stiles said and three of them walked away.

"You still got his scent?" Stiles asked. "Don't need it." Liam said pointing at fresh foots prints in the mud.

Liam suddenly stopped and Hera and Stiles turned around confused. "What? What's wrong?" they asked.

"I forgot, I was supposed to meet Mason at the school gym." Liam said. "Okay, why didn't you just tell him?" Stiles asked.

"Tell him what?" Liam asked. "Anything." Stiles said. "I can't just tell him anything." Liam said. "Why not?" Hera asked.

"Because I haven't... I haven't told him everything." Liam said. "Still? We said it was okay." Stiles said.

"Yeah, I know, but it's not that easy. It's a lot to accept." Liam said. "He watched my dad blow up a Berserker with a land mine." Stiles said.

"I think the groundwork's been pretty thoroughly laid for acceptance." he said and Liam sighed.

"Scott and I, we've been through this. Okay? More than once. It's just... It's always better when they know." he said.

"But what if he freaks out?" Liam asked as they started walking again. "What if he doesn't want to talk to me?"

"What if he tries to stab me with something silver? Or what if..." but he was cut off by falling in a hole with a thud.

Stiles and Hera turned around and ran towards him. "What the hell are you doing?" Stiles asked.

Liam just looked up at him. "I... There he is. Hurry up. Stop screwing around." Stiles said and ran away.

"Come on." Hera said handing Liam her hand and helped him to get out of the hole. He thanked her and they ran to Stiles.

"Try and get his scent." Stiles said to the two of them. "Soap. It's nice. It smells good." Liam said and Hera giggled quietly.

"Not his soap, his emotional state. Chemosignals, remember?" Stiles asked annoyed.

Hera was watching at Theo with her head on her palms and it was as if she was reading his mind.

It was like as if something like magnets was trying to connect two of then. Soon, her thoughts were cut off by Stiles.

"Oh, my God! Go! We have to go." he said pushing Liam and her in front. "What? What's happened?" Hera asked.

"That's the bridge where they found his sister." Stiles explained. "What sister?" Liam asked confused.

"The one that got lost and died from exposure. He's leaving a flower for her." he said. "That's bot evil." Hera said standing in front of them.

"I know. But..." Stiles started and boys looked up and Hera looked at them confused and when she turned around, Theo jumped in front of her so Liam pushed her behind him.

"What are you guys doing?" Theo asked walking towards them and Liam growled pushing Hera behind more.

"Whoa. Why do I get the feeling this kid's tougher than he looks?" Theo asked. "Only when we let him off his leash." Stiles said.

"Stiles, we were in Little League together. Why are you so suspicious of me?" Theo asked him confused.

"Because of these." Stiles said and handed him some papers. Theo took them and started reading them.

"One's a speeding ticket signed by your dad eight years ago. The other one's a signature on the transfer form to Beacon High."

"Yeah, they look a little different." Theo said. "No, they're totally different. Signed by two different people." Stiles said.

"So my dad's not my dad? Like he's an imposter?" Theo asked. "Something like that." Liam said.

"Who do you think I am?" Theo asked. "We don't know yet." he responded. "Want me to give you a DNA sample or something?"

"No. I don't have anything from the fourth grade to match it to." Stiles said and Theo's smile dropped.

"You know, Stiles, I came back here for Scott... but I also came back for you. Someone like you." Theo started.

"Someone who's willing to walk into the woods in the middle of the night to protect his friends. I don't have anyone like that, Scott does."

"You all do. I know I'm in the right place. I'm meant to be here. I'm meant to be a part of this pack." Theo said.

"Find anything?" Scott asked as three of them returned to the jeep. "Nope." Hera and Stiles said. "I fell in a hole." Liam smiled.

"Well, guys, I better get going. I have to get to your school tomorrow." Hera said and they all said goodbye and she left.

***

Hera was laying in one empty room in her tiger form so it could be warmer. Her eyes were closed when sound of low growl woke her up.

She picked her head up and pricked up her ears standing up and quietly walking through the house.

She sniffed the air and felt a wolf like scent. She quickly started running outside chasing the black wolf across the woods.

Suddenly, she lost the track and looked around sniffing the air but couldn't decide the path so she returned back.