Six

"Hey." Kira greeted Hera and she jumped a bit and turned around and smiled at her. "Hey." she said and Kira handed her some papers.

"We printed this out. It's a book about Dread Doctors and we're all going to read it so I just wanted to give it to you." Kira said.

"Has anyone started reading it yet?" Hera asked. "Just Malia." she said and Hera nodded. "I'll read it. Thank you." she said.

"No problem. See you later." Kira said and Hera nodded and they left. Hera started walking towards the bathroom.

Suddenly, Scott jumped in front of her and she gasped. "God, Scott. You scared me." she said and he smiled. "Sorry." he said.

"I just wanted ti tell you that Kira, Stiles, Lydia and I are going to Eichen tonight. Wanna come with us?" he asked.

"I wish I could, but I have history exam tomorrow and I really have to study. I don't want to fail." she said and he nodded.

"That's fine. I'm going to text you what happens there so that you just know." he said and she nodded. "Good luck." she said.

***

Hera was sitting on her bed studying history when she sniffed Theo's scent near and soon he jumped in through the window.

"Hey, you." he said sitting next to her kissing her cheek and she smiled not taking her eyes off her book.

She sniffed something different on him and sniffed his shirt and he chuckled. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Were you with Malia?" she asked and he nodded. "I just gave her a lift home." he said and she listened to his heart.

"Okay." she just said and looked back into her book and he sighed. "I'm telling you the truth. You're my girlfriend anyways." he said.

She shot up her eyes at him and knotted her eyebrows. "What?" she asked and he shrugged. "Are you not?" he asked.

"Well, you never asked me properly, so. I guess not." she said and he chuckled. He took her book and placed it behind him.

"Will you, Hera, be mine? My girlfriend?"  he asked and she smiled bitting her lip and nodded. "I will." she said.

He smiled and pulled her chin connecting their lips and she smiled. He gave her back her book and he lied on the bed behind her.

She went back to studying feeling Theo's eyes burning on her back. Soon, she finished and cleaned the bed and looked at him.

He was already asleep so she just went into shower and after she was done, she walked inside the bed next to him.

She hugged him around his torso and kissed his cheek placing her head in his neck inhaling his scent falling asleep.

***

"So, basically, we're looking for abnormal behaviour?" Theo asked. "Anyone acting a little off or a little weird." Scott said.

"Isn't everyone a little weird in high school?" Theo asked. "Yeah, good point." Scott nodded and they started walking downstairs.

"You remember Tracy went on a killing spree after reading that?" Theo said pointing at the book Scott was holding.

"You think it's a bad idea?" Scott asked. "I think Malia almost getting run down by a car could've been bad." he said.

"That's why you guys haven't finished it, right?" Theo asked. "We're going to." Scott said.

"Scott, I came here hoping to find a pack. I wasn't planning on watching one fall apart." he said and Scott shrugged.

"The book's all we've got." he said. "Then I'll read it too." he said and Scott nodded and both of them walked away.

***

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia said. "Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." Stiles said.

"That's why Malia's here." Scott said and she modded. "So none of us go running into traffic?" Kira asked.

"Or worse." Scott agreed. "Like what happened to Judy. Chapter 14." Malia said and Lydia picked the book up from the table.

"Maybe I should have my mother read it. She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone." she said.

"Hey, if it works." Stiles said. "It has to." Lydia said. "What does that mean?" Hera asked. "I think I saw them during my surgery." she said.

"When I look at the cover of the book, it's almost like..." she started. "A memory trying to surface." Theo said and Lydia nodded.

"Yeah." she said. "Isn't that what Valack wanted when he wrote it?" Kira asked and Malia nodded.

"If they did something to me, I want to know what it is." Lydia said and everyone took their papers and walked into living room.

Hera took her papers and sat on one chair. Scott and Kira were on the sofa and Lydia was in the chair next to hers.

Theo came the last and sat on the Hera's chair placing her into his lap so her legs were dangling over the arm holder.

"Anyone feeling anything yet?" Scott asked after two hours of reading. "Tired." Kira said. "Hungry." said Lydia.

"Both." Hera said opening her eyes so they don't close again. "I think he meant the book." Theo said and she looked up at him.

"You're not giving up, are you?" Scott asked Kira who lied on sofa. "I'm just resting my eyes." she said.

Hera placed her head on Theo's chest and placed her papers in her lap closing her eyes and Theo chuckled.

"You tired again?" he asked and she just hummed and he kissed her forehead letting her to fall asleep.