Eighteen

Hera woke up the next day by hot breaths on her neck and heard a quiet snoring. Of course, it was Theo.

She leaned with her head back and Theo's head came on her neck and he inhaled her scent deeply.

"Good morning." he said in his raspy voice placing a kiss on her neck. "Good morning." she said smiling.

He traced his palm across her stomach and pulled her closer to him. His hand went more up and landed on her breast.

She giggled and he started massaging it. "Theo, it's 7 in the morning." she said and he hummed tracing kisses along her shoulder.

"And?" he asked between them. She turned around to face him and went closer to his face placing her palm on his chest.

"We can do a fast round." she whispered and he smirked. "Then we better start." he said and started kissing her neck.

***

"Mason said it's not just a transmitted frequency. It's high-powered. Like it has to be a really strong signal." Liam said.

"And that's causing it so shift?" Hera asked confused. "No. I don't think it's just that." Scott said.

"Last night Argent said that it's getting smarter. What if the Dread Doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster?" he asked.

"With frequencies?" Stiles asked. "No, by shifting. The frequency is just the trigger." Scott said.

"The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf." he said. "Like Peter." Lydia said and Scott nodded. "Right." he said.

"Yeah, when Peter was an Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed and he was back to normal."

"So the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for the full moon." Liam said. "They want the Beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible." Hera said.

"Because of Parrish." Liam said nodding. "So if this is happening tonight, what are we going to do?" Lydia asked.

"Uh, we've got one clue to go on." Stiles said and took out one photography of bloody shoe mark.

"This came from the hospital. Whoever's lurking inside the Beast is wearing a size 10 of indeterminate make." he said.

"Indeterminate?" Lydia asked. "Means, it's a partial print. Basically it was all we were able to get considering all the fire, blood and carnage." Stiles said.

"How many size 10s are out there?" Scott asked. "Only one with Parrish's blood on the sole." Stiles said.

"So are we going to try to get the game canceled?" Liam asked. "No, no, we're going to play." Stiles said.

"But we're just going to hope really hard that it doesn't turn into a blood-soaked massacre." he said.

"Okay, but, um... Aren't we kind of missing out on a chance to catch this thing? We don't have the 'who', but we have the 'where' and 'when'." Liam asked and everyone looked at Scott.

"There's too many people." he said. "And we still don't actually know if it's going to happen." Lydia said.

"It just might end up being a regular lacrosse game. It's possible, right?" she asked. "That's absolutely possible." Stiles said.

"So we're still getting the game canceled?" Hera asked. "We're getting the game canceled." Scott said and they left.

***

"Mason, you know your part..." Scott asked. "Corey and I break into Devenford Bus and search their shoes." Mason said.

"I take out the TV vans." Malia said. "And I'm guarding at the woods." Hera said and everyone nodded.

"Right before the whistle, Coach forfeits the game." Stiles said. "The rest of us are looking for a size 10 with bloody sole." Liam said.

"Just out of curiosity... What if it doesn't work? What if we have to go up against this thing? I mean, I hate to bring up bad memories but Scott's still healing from what Theo did to him." Malia said.

"No, he's not." Kira said. "She's right." Scott said lifting his shirt up revealing his healed stomach.

"It happened the night we got Lydia out of Eichen house. I healed. When we're all together again, when we're a pack." he said.

"The Beast doesn't have a pack." Liam said nodding. "Not like us. We can do this, guys. No one dies tonight."

Hera was standing in front of the woods watching the game and observing her surroundings.

"Hey, you." voice said from behind and arms wrapped around her waist and Hera was pulled into strong chest.

"What are you doing here?" Hera asked leaning her head back into his chest and placing her arms on his ones.

"Just came to check up on you." he said peeking her lips few times and then pulled away.

"What are you guys doing?" he asked and she shrugged. "They're playing for charity. I'm just watching." she said.

"Just watching, huh?" he asked and she hummed closing her eyes and he placed his chin on her shoulder.

"Who do you think is going to win?" he asked and she shrugged. "Probably Devenford." she said.

Suddenly, they heard a loud growling and they looked in front to see huge shadow running towards the field.

She tried to run but he stopped her and the Beast jumped over the van and Liam jumped in the same time.

People started screaming and panicking. Beast ran inside the school where Scott, Luna and Kira were hiding.

"I have to go there." Hera said and tried to run but Theo pulled her wrist and she looked at him.

"Theo, they're my pack. I have to help them." she said. "I don't want you to get hurt." he said and she sighed.

"I'm going to be fine. I'll see you at home, okay?" she asked but he didn't want to let her go away.

"Theo, please. I'll come back, I promise." she said and he pulled her into a kiss and after they parted he cupped her cheeks.

"Be safe." he said pecking her lips one more time and she nodded running away and inside the school.