Love Hotel (Husband Levi x Wife Reader)

Author's Note: Happy Valentine's Day! Given the occasion, I figured now would be a great time to post this particular oneshot. Please be advised that it gets steamy (but no smut), and it also contains spoilers for the end of the manga. Additionally, in case you missed the message on my feed, I will be resuming regular updates of this book starting next week! Enjoy!

Four years ago today – just a few weeks after the war ended – you and Levi had gotten married. Now, you were on pins and needles, excited for the surprise that was to come this evening. You and Levi alternated which one of you did the planning for your anniversary each year, and this time, it was his turn.

He hadn't told you where you were going, just that you should put on a fancy dress for dinner and pack an overnight bag. Naturally, in addition to all your usual items, you made sure to include a few sets of lingerie – figuring it was good to have options. You also wore a set underneath your dinner dress. It was your anniversary, after all.

Levi wore his best suit for the occasion, and you made sure to tell him how handsome he looked while you straightened his cravat, causing a lovely blush to dust those pale cheeks. Once you both were ready, you wheeled him outside – and were surprised to find a cab waiting to take you to dinner. You raised your eyebrows at Levi, who flippantly stated that it was a special occasion, so it was worth the extra money. Still, you eyed the car with suspicion while you helped your husband inside, then folded up his wheelchair for the driver to put in the back. Onyankopon had assured you that these machines were safe, but you weren't quite ready to trust them completely.

You spent the first part of the ride with your attention focused on Levi – sometimes chatting about this or that, sometimes murmuring sweet nothings too quietly for the driver to hear, and sometimes simply gazing into his eyes. However, as time went on, you couldn't help glancing outside more and more often, until your eyes seemed to be glued to the window. You were driving through an incredibly vibrant and fancy part of the city, filled with high-end shops, clubs, hotels, and restaurants. Since you and Levi lived a quieter, more modest lifestyle, you rarely bothered to come here. But now, you couldn't help being captivated by the nightlife.

The brightly lit buildings seemed to stretch all the way to the sky, like beacons against the dark night. Everywhere you looked, people were walking down the street wearing the latest fashions, or riding around in the newest cars. Some had their arms full of shopping bags, while others held onto their lover, and others carried a small clutch or a cup of coffee or something stronger. But regardless of what they were doing here, they all looked like they were having the time of their lives.

The cab pulled up outside a restaurant with a red carpet leading to the door. Overhead was a matching red awning, with what you guessed was the restaurant's name printed in elegant gold script. However, as it appeared to be in a foreign language, you couldn't be certain of what it said.

Fancy.

The inside was even better than the outside. Circular, white-clothed tables were arranged with ample room between them, giving the diners a sense of space and privacy in their conversations. A quietly burbling fountain stood in the center of the restaurant, and off to one side, a live band was playing slow, romantic music. Enormous, glittering chandeliers hung from a ceiling several stories high. And as you stepped forward, you realized the floor was covered in a red carpet so soft your shoes practically sank into it.

"You really pulled out all the stops, didn't you?" you muttered discreetly to Levi while you followed the impeccably dressed host to your table.

"Well, it is our anniversary," he grumbled. Then, with a rare hint of apprehension in his eyes, he glanced at you over his shoulder and asked, "Is...this okay?"