Ice Prince (Figure Skater Levi x Reader Modern AU)

It was five minutes before eight when you walked into the building that housed the two university ice rinks. Most students had started their Friday-night partying hours ago, but Levi had been in here, dutifully practicing his figure skating with no one but his coach for company. Yet, you were certain he would've taken that over a frat house full of drunk twenty-somethings any day.

You'd made plans to meet here after his practice was over, but you'd purposefully arrived early, hoping you could watch him skate for a few minutes. Instead of going inside the arena, you went to the hallway on the level above the rink, looking down at Levi from the tall glass windows placed there, so you wouldn't disrupt his focus. You faintly heard "TBD" from Spy x Family through the walls while Levi skated in time with the music, executing move after move that would've broken your ankles if you even thought about doing them yourself.

He truly was amazing – so amazing, in fact, that he'd already qualified for the Winter Olympics selection pool. Now, he was just waiting to hear if he'd be chosen to go, and honing his routine to perfection in the meantime. At the moment, he was practicing his routine for the free-skate portion of the competition, for which he'd chosen a spy theme, much to your enjoyment.

Once the song was finished, you watched Levi skate over to the edge of the rink, where his coach was waiting. Confident you wouldn't disturb him now that he wasn't skating, you made your way down to the first-floor entrance of the arena. Still, you were quiet as you entered, respectful of whatever conversation he and his coach were now having.

When they finished talking, you made your way over to the edge of the rink. "Hey," you chimed, grinning at your boyfriend. "You looked really good out there."

Levi averted his eyes shyly, muttering a low, "Thanks." He took top marks from judges with complete stoicism, but for some reason, even the simplest of compliments from you got him flustered.

You giggled before turning to his coach. "Hi, Erwin."

"Hello," Erwin murmured with a polite smile. "Levi told me you two are going out tonight. I hope you have fun."

"Thanks!" you replied, genuinely pleased by his support.

Initially, Levi had informed you that Erwin didn't want him dating you, solely because a girlfriend would take time and focus away from skating. However, after seeing how happy you made Levi, Erwin became more accepting of your relationship. In the end, Erwin couldn't blame Levi for finding one person he could be close with, since his only living family was an eccentric uncle who hadn't spoken to him in years.

After Erwin bid you both goodnight, you waited in the arena while Levi went to the locker room to change out of his sparkly outfit and skates. He returned in dark skinny jeans and boots, as well as a coat and scarf to guard against the chilly air outside. Together, you left the arena and headed toward town, intending to get a late dinner.

"So, how was practice?" you asked casually while you and Levi made your way through campus.

"Fine," he grumbled, completely stoic. Yet, you knew him well enough that you could tell he'd enjoyed it.

"You know, I almost felt jealous of the way Erwin was looking at you," you commented with a smirk, teasing just a bit. "Like you were everything he's ever wanted."

Levi clicked his tongue. "He's just ambitious," your boyfriend muttered. "He competed in the Olympics twice and won the silver both times, but never the gold. Apparently, with me, he thinks he can finally get it."

Although Levi had mentioned Erwin's track record before, you internally wondered at the image of Erwin as a figure skater, since he didn't fit the small-and-slight build that was typical of male skaters. However, you supposed he did have a rather athletic frame even now, so perhaps he made it work for him. He must have – if he'd won the silver twice.