Rescue (Omega Levi x Alpha Reader AU)

Author's Note: Happy New Year, my lovelies! I have a longer story for you today. Please be advised, it does discuss sex slavery, but none of the characters get to the point of being used in that way. Hope you enjoy, and remember that all genders deserve to be treated equally and as human beings (not property)! <3

"Stop struggling. It'll be a good life," Levi's uncle had said. "You'll get good food, clothes, a nice place to stay. All you have to do is lie down and spread your legs when they tell you to."

Then he'd sold Levi to the black market.

Now, Levi was on his knees in a cage too small to stand up in, with a collar and chain around his neck, preventing him from moving around much. They'd stripped him of his clothing, giving him a threadbare skirt in exchange that barely covered the essentials. The dark, concrete room around him was filled with about a dozen other omegas in a similar state – quietly waiting to be auctioned off.

Some of them had tried to fight, at first – Levi included – but they'd been held down and drugged. He didn't know what exactly they'd been given, only that it made him feel weak and slow, and whenever he tried to summon his anger and aggression, they weren't there. The drug did make him somewhat drowsy, but it wasn't enough to knock him out. One of their captors had mentioned that they wanted the omegas awake during the auction, because it was easier to show them off to the buyers if the omegas could move themselves.

They'd be paraded out one at a time, practically naked, forced to turn around and bend over and show all of themselves to the wealthy, lecherous alphas, then stand there while their bodies were auctioned off for egregious sums. Their buyer would take them home or to some other secluded spot, where they'd be chained to a bed or maybe given the run of the house if they were lucky – but they'd never be allowed any real freedom. Levi's uncle had been correct in saying these rich bastards would probably feed and clothe and pamper their omegas, but only to serve their own interests in the end. Only to keep the omega alive and pretty so they could be a proper little cockwarmer or broodmare.

Fifty years ago, this sort of thing would've probably been done out in the open, with no one batting an eye. Omegas didn't have any rights back then, and it wasn't uncommon for them to be bought and sold like property. They were viewed as sex toys and breeding stock rather than as human beings.

That had started to change right around the year Levi had been born, and by the time he'd presented, omegas had gained equal rights and protections under the law. But there were still many people who had a hard time letting go of the old ways. Omegas were almost as likely as not to be abused, raped, or enslaved – even if such things were illegal now. Punishing the offending alphas after the fact didn't stop the crime from being committed. And then there were the alphas who were never caught at all.

A loud noise from the next room drew his attention – though with the drug in his system, it took him a few seconds to focus. He discerned the sounds of voices shouting, and of multiple footsteps running around, but he couldn't figure out what that meant. Were their captors coming to haul them out? Was the auction about to begin?

The door to their room burst open, and Levi had to close his eyes against the sudden onslaught of blinding light.

"Oh my – they're in here!" someone yelled, and Levi heard more rushing footsteps.

He cracked his eyes open, using his hand to shield against the light – only to see about a dozen people in black uniforms rushing into the room. Most of them held a flashlight in one hand and a gun in the other, but some were carrying boxes of...tools? What was going on?

"Don't worry everyone! We're police officers!" a male voice announced. "We're going to get you out of here! You'll be alright!"

They started to spread out around the room, and one of them knelt in front of his cage. "Hi there. Are you hurt?" she asked. She kept her flashlight pointed at the ground, allowing herself to see without blinding him.