Injured

Percy was injured, and for once it wasn't her fault! Agnus in the apartment below had left the stove on and decided to take a nap, while cooking eggs, of all things. Sadly, while Agnus might have been kind, smart she was not. Instead of either trying to stop the fire or at least warn people, she simply fled the apartment building, watching as it went up in smoke. Once Percy smelled the smoke, she started evacuating everyone. Luckily, no one but Percy was injured. Even luckier, only Agnus's apartment and hers were destroyed, all the others just having a small amount of smoke damage (which Percy was responsible for, using her powers to contain the fire until help arrived).

That did mean that everything Percy had brought with her was a smoldering mess. She was incredibly thankful that she had left the majority of her things, along with her sentimental trinkets with Sally. But that did present her with a problem. All she had on was now a singed pair of sweatpants and a tank top. So she called the only person she could bear to. Too embarrassed that her grand plan of becoming independent was in the toilet.

"Roy, I need a favor,"

***********************************

"Roy, all I needed was a ride to a hotel, you really didn't need to do this," Percy says, frowning as she watches the building pass by.

They were moving out of the city, heading to Bruce's house of all places.

"No no, it's fine. When I called in from work to help get you sorted out, Bruce offered to help,"

"And it isn't weird that my boss's boss is offering to let me stay at his house?" Percy asks, turning to look at Roy who was driving.

"Nah, I mean I've stayed there plenty of times. Plus your apartment burned down and while I would be fine with you staying at my place, all I have is a crappy air mattress at the moment. Bruce has at least a dozen empty rooms with actual beds. Plus I'm sure Steph or Cass left some spare clothes there somewhere," Roy says, seemingly thinking.

Percy thought about asking but decided against it. She was confused enough as it was. All she needed was an adult to check her out of the hospital, something about her not being capable of taking care of herself for the next few days, something to do with the heavy pain meds for the burns. Yeah, she might have overdone it keeping the fire away from the other apartments and forgot about protecting herself fully from the fire. She was barely burned compared to her apartment but until she somehow got some ambrosia or go to some water, she was stuck injured.

She just feels bad that she had dragged Roy into it, all she wanted was a ride.

Percy watched as the city and then suburbs fade away, revealing giant yards and houses shut behind gates. Percy was astonished. She was used to god-level architecture but this was insane! Gods palaces were meant for twenty-foot-tall beings, these houses were meant for mortals. She wondered what exactly someone would do with all of the space.

The blinker turns on and Percy looks over to see Roy pulling into a driveway, the massive cast-iron gates already open. What could only be called a castle stood behind the gates. Made out of rough dark stone and towering at least five floors was a massive mansion. It was probably the largest one that she had seen.

"Bruce lives here?" She asks, astonishment lacing her words.

"Yes but so does Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian, and Alfred. Class and Steph also have rooms. And if he asked me to act as a security guard at a gala, he sets me up. You shouldn't worry, one more black-haired kid won't make a difference," Roy says, joking as he pulls the car in front of the main entrance.

Percy scowls at the kid comment and unbuckles when the car stops, opening the door once Roy puts it in park. Climbing out, she winced when she sees the small bits of ash that had transferred from her clothes to Roy's seat. Stepping away from the car, she winced as her slippers make a series of clapping sounds, damaged from the fire as well.