Team Bonding

So, I was going to publish a chapter along with the hows it going chapter and I forgot, here's an extra one to make up for it. 

Andy was in the kitchen when Conner and Megan woke up, startling them. Conner was concerned, looking at her. The only living thing he heard that morning was Megan, if he wasn't looking at her with his own eyes, he would believe the two of them were the only ones in the mountain. But the fact that Andy was in the kitchen with a giant spread of breakfast lead him to believe his Kryptonian senses might not be what he thought they were. But even looking directly at her, her heartbeat and breathing were so slow that she seemed more like a corpse than a living, breathing girl, one who supposedly either brought or made them breakfast. 

"Oh, Andy, I didn't think you would be here," Megan says, looking at the food on the table and back to Andy who was pouring herself a cup of coffee. 

"I figured after the day you all had yesterday, you guys deserved a good breakfast. I'm sorry about that, I didn't think they would attack here. Do you know if the rest of the team is going to be here?" Andy asks, looking over the plates piled high with steaming pancakes, waffles, sausage links, and eggs. It looked as if she made enough food to feed a small army, which Megan guessed wasn't too far off. One thing that threw her off was that the pancakes and waffles were blue. 

"Yeah, everyone should be coming," Megan says, smiling. She walks over to the commercial coffee maker and Andy skitters out of her way. 

While Megan pours herself a cup of coffee, both Conner and Andy tilt their heads, as if hearing something. A few moments later, Megan can hear the sound of the rest of the team. She smiles when she hears Garfield's voice, excited to have him back after he spent the night with Dick, trying to learn how to blend into his surroundings. 

Andy situates herself at the far end of the table from where Conner is sitting and starts filling her plate. She watches with a smile as the rest of the team files in, joking and shoving each other. They freeze when they see the spread of food on the table before turning to Megan, smiling. 

"You made breakfast, it looks amazing," Artemis says, ignoring Andy at the table. 

"Actually I didn't, Andy had breakfast waiting when we woke up," At Megan's words, the whole team looks to Andy, who shrinks back in her seat at the attention. 

"Oh, thanks! It looks delicious!" Dick says, attempting to show his thankfulness more than his confusion at the rather unusual color of the pancakes and waffles. 

"Yeah it looks great, but why blue?" Artemis asks bluntly. 

The team looks at her as if expecting Andy to get offended at the question, but they are surprised when she just chuckles, taking a bite of waffle that looks like it's drenched in syrup. 

"I like blue food, it's something my mom would do. I thought I should do something after I made a mess of this place yesterday," She says, voice quiet. The team smiles, glad that she's sharing something. Dick talked with them after the attack, letting them all know that Andy was the one to pick everything up. They were starting to understand her, at least a little. It was clear to most of them that she cared about them somehow. She put the common room back to rights after the attack, she made them breakfast.

"Oh, well thank you," Artemis says, somewhat surprised by her answer. 

The whole team sits, Megan using her telekinesis to bring over multiple pots of coffee along with mugs. Andy already had juice out on the table. Everyone starts eating, passing plates back and forth, the table falling into the usual morning routine, a lot of talking, yelling, and an occasional death threat. And Andy was just sitting there, quietly eating her food while looking at the table. Her face had a strange look on it, somewhere between a smile and a look of pain. She had the smallest smile on her face, although her eyes were a storm, a series of emotions rolling through them. It seemed as if she was remembering something, seeming far away.