First Mission

"Team, gather in the mission room. Andy, you will be joining them this time," Batman's voice echos throughout the cave.

The whole team turns to look at Andy with a smile and they are surprised to see the look of determination on her face. But then she's standing, a huge grin on her face. She bounced in place for a moment before there was a bright blue flash and she was in her suit, already ready to go.

"Come on guys," She says, already taking off towards the mission room. The more seasoned members of the team moved slower, knowing that if it was urgent, alarms would be blaring.

As they watched Andy, they noticed that she wasn't just excited, but she also seemed unsettled. She was shifting around and her eyes couldn't seem to focus on anything. Looking at her hands, her fingers were twitching wildly. The team could understand, first missions were always interesting, hell they found Conner on their first mission together.

But everyone was unsettled, something was changing. And it seemed as if it affected Andy the most. The rest of the team was surprised that she hadn't attempted to sneak out on a mission with them yet. It just showed how serious she was about doing things right. Plus Batman probably wouldn't let her out on missions if she had attempted to sneak out before she was cleared.

Standing in the mission room was Batman, looking as serious as ever. He had a series of images pulled up on the hologram including a map with bright red dots marked along with the power level associated with each one. The team could tell Andy was uneasy around the hologram, but that wasn't much of a surprise. She seemed opposed to all forms of modern technology.

"Team, I'm sending you to do recon. There have been large energy bursts throughout North America that so far don't have any known causes. We've predicted where the next one will be and we are sending you ahead of time to see what happens. We do know that there is a fair bit of damage left behind, so be careful," And with that Batman turned and marched away, disappearing through the Zeta tube.

"Does he do that often?" Andy questions, looking at the spot where Batman once was.

"Yeah," The whole team responds, not seeming impressed.

"Well, how are we getting there? I could transport us if need be," The team looks at Andy stunned, not understanding.

"You're telling us you can transport yourself, let alone all of us, across the country?" Dick asks and she nods.

"I've been cutting back on the physical training to get better at transporting myself," She says, matter of factly.

"Let's go with that then," Dick says and Percy nods.

"Hold on," She says, closing her eyes.

For a moment, Dick and the rest of the team feel themselves split into a million pieces, floating through space aimlessly, and then they reform, feet planted on solid ground. Looking around wildly, they see that they are in a forest. Once it's clear that they aren't in any danger, everyone but Andy throws up, bending over and trying to get their bearings, seriously not used to whatever form of travel that was. Percy winces as she watches them be sick.

"Sorry, I didn't think it would be much different than the zeta tubes," She says, looking in concern.

"Deffenetly not like Zeta tubes, very very different," Megan says, seeming greener than usual.

"We should scout the place out, Andy did a good job and got us almost to the exact coordinates, but the estimate of where the next power surge is just that, an estimate," Kaldur says, looking over the team. But Andy seemed distracted, looking around.

"Guys, I think I know what's going on," She says, looking around warily.

Before anyone can say anything else, the shadows move, surging forward. The team panics, because the shadows weren't shadows, they were a group of girls armed with bows and arrows and hunting knives. The team circles up, back to back. But Andy seemed perfectly relaxed, simply raising her eyebrows.