Highness

Bruce, Dick, and Percy walked outside, waiting for Alfred to pull the car. Percy started pacing, seemingly getting to the clothes she wore. Bruce would need a moment as well, trying to see Percy in the young woman before him. Something was bothering him although, something about the situation felt off. Watching Percy, he finally notices what it is.

The click-clack from her shoes was disappearing. Slowly, as Percy paced back and forth, her footsteps got quieter and quieter, until they didn't exist. Watching her pace, he was impressed with her. Somehow, she was navigating the cobblestones all the while concealing the sound of her footsteps. To be honest, he was frightened of her, her footsteps were that of the league of shadows, only better. If he couldn't see her, he would never know she was there, the rustle from her clothes long gone.

Dick watched his adopted father and felt a sense of pride from him. He was watching Percy intensely as she paced from side to side. He recognized that look, it was the one he gave him when he first started really seeing his skills. Bruce was considering her a possible sidekick candidate, and if that didn't peeve him, he didn't know what would. Not because he felt like he was being replaced, no, it's because Percy made it clear she wanted peace and quiet. Being dragged around Gotham dressed in spandex was the last thing she would want.

Dick opens his mouth as if to speak to Bruce, but the limo coming into view stopped him. Later, he would talk with him but now wasn't the time, partly because they were going to be late if he tried to bring up the subject and partly because he knew Percy was listening to them.

When Alfred pulled up, Bruce opened the limo door, ushing first Percy and then Dick in before climbing in himself. Watching Percy sit in the limo, both Dick and Bruce could see her discomfort. She was shifting around as if trying to get comfortable but had a tack in her backside. It was kind of amusing, to be honest, Dick remembered his first days as Bruce's ward and could relate to her discomfort.

"So, what's this event for?" Percy asks, breaking the silence that hung heavy in the car.

"It's meant to be a fundraising event for ocean conservation, although I'm afraid most attending tonight will use it as an excuse to show off, at least in their desperate attempts at getting some attention will make sure the fund gets a lot of money," Bruce says, smiling.

"So how does this work? I don't know a lot about fundraising dinners or anything like that so I'm not exactly sure what you expect me to do," Percy says, a deep frown creasing her face.

"Well, there will be a bit of reception before a meal and then afterword will be a social hour of sorts, although they sadly last for much longer for an hour. I have you sitting at our table for the meal and otherwise, just stay kinda close. You don't have to hover, I would prefer if you didn't to be honest, but just keep close enough to see me and or Dick. If it comes down to it, you protect Dick. I don't care if I had a gun to my head, you get Dick out of there, alright?"

Bruce's words ring through the car. He was serious, Dick knew that without even thinking. But it seemed just a little ridiculous, he could take care of himself. But looking over at Percy, a shiver of fear goes up his spine. Her face had turned to stone and her eyes looked like chips of ice, freezing his breath in a sharp inhale. The look on her face was one of pure concentration and focus. He knew that she was terrifying to fight, but he knew by that look in her eye that she wasn't really fighting him when they sparred, it was simply a game to her. He would never want to actually face her.

A second later, the look vanished and Percy was back to her usual self, smiling that same, sad-looking smile of hers. The shift in her was unsettling to both the men in the back and even Alfred was somewhat unsettled. It made Bruce wonder what she was hiding. Was the terrifying look she just had on the real her or was it the somewhat sad tomboy she usually was? Or was she something different entirely?