im sorry

Word count: 1098
I wake up from a nap to like 5 notifications from a number I don't recognise. The texts say

'Hey'

'I'm sorry about earlier, I've just had some stuff going on and sometimes I shut people out and act different'

'You also left your clothes, I can come by and drop them off if you want?'

Ash?

'Is this ash?' I wonder because who else could it be.

'Yeah, I asked Lexi for ur number earlier'

'Okay. Ash I'm not mad at you btw I just thought I did something wrong for you to kinda ignore me and did wanna make it worse.'

'Can I come over so we can talk?'

'Yeah, hurry tho'

'I'll be as fast as I can. You can't miss me that much 😏'

I turn off my phone then smile to myself.

Is this really what having feelings for someone feels like?

-
10 minutes pass and there's a knock at the door.

I run to open it

'Hey'

'Hiii ash'

'Feeling any better?'

'I was faking it you weirdo'

'Don't you think I know. It was so obvious.' He playfully rolls his eyes.

I lead him to where my room is. Lexis house is fairly big. It's just her and her mum. Her dad left her when she was about my age and her sister ran off with her crazy boyfriend. So there's like one spear room. Which is where I'm staying if course.

Ash hands me a bag with my clothes in then sits on the bed, closest to the headboard. I sit myself next to him then turn on the tv.

'So what did you wanna talk about?'

'I don't really need to talk, I just wanted to see you.'

I smile 'so what's the one missing me now?'

'Shut up' he giggles then grabs me by my waist and pulls me down so we're laid next eachother.

Both of our head turn to face eachother.

'Caitlin?'

'Yes?'

'Do you wanna go to a party with me tonight? Just me and you?'

'Yeah of course I will. How many parties a week do you go to?' I ask since he just went to one yesterday.

'Not many. I mostly go to them when I'm bored.'

'What, so your saying your bored?'

'No. Besides my friends want to meet you.'

'Aw cute. You've been talking about me?' I smile then blush a little.

'Maybeeee.'

'Okay, sure I'll meet them. I don't have anything party like to wear. Do you think it'd be okay if I just wore this?'

'Yeah, it will always show everyone that your mine.' He jokes. I think

Excuse me what

I scrunch my eyebrows at him 'yours?' I'm not yours ash.' Although I did like the way he said it.

He lifts himself up from the bed and mumbles 'mmm, I wish you were.' I'm guessing he expected me not to hear that.

I'm not gunna sit here and say I don't have feelings for him because truly I do. I don't know how it happened or how it happened so quick but he has shown he can be there for me.

I mean. We've know eachother 2 days if that and everyone's heard of Romeo and Juliet. Look what happened to them. Obviously we're not gunna end up dying, but they took if fast and if me and ash are somehow gunna work out. I'd rather not rush into it.

-

Me and ash end up walking to the party as it's not that far.

As we walk in we're suffocated by cigarette smoke and loud music.

'Are you okay?' Ash checks on me.

'Yeah I'm fine.'

We walk towards a group of boys, all around the same age as us.

'Ahhh, so you must be caitlin?' A quite tall blonde boy spoke.

I nodded my head, not wanting to make conversation. It's clear that there all drunk as fuck.

'She doesn't talk much does she?'

Not this again

'Just give her time man.'

I decide I'm not gunna be that girl that never opens her mouth. Because some day I'm gunna have to speak.

'So are you all ash's friends?'

'Yeahh, and your like so hot did you bang yet?' The blonde boy starts to giggle to himself. 'You know after ava cheated on him, I never thought he'd speak to a girl again.'

His other friends don't say much. Their either getting
Stoned or drinking. Ash is so different from his friends. They all seem like pricks.

A brunette haired girl storms through, where were all sitting.

"Lena!" The blonde nervously Laughs ' I thought you weren't coming?'

'Yeah, well I've decided to now.' She smiles, clinging on to the blonde boy by his neck and her sitting on his lap.

'Hey. What's your name?' Lena smiles at me, but this time it looks genuine.

'Caitlin.' I smile

'So which ones your boyfriend?'

I turn to ash then go bright red.

'Aw! That's so cute. You and ash no way, you complement eachother so much.'

Ash smiles

'Are you blushing?!' Lena asks ash

'Nah, nah.' Stop tryna catch us out woman!

The conversation soon comes to a end pretty quick. It was barely a conversation really, when my mim starts calling me.

I show ash my phone, without saying anything he nods. I make my way outside to take the call.

'Where are you?' A angry voice fills the speaker.

'Why?'

'Because if you wanted to be a 'mother' that bad to me, why kick me out over the pettiest things? Why start shit with me all the time just because you think you can? I'm all honestly I absolute hate calling you my mum. And if your calling because you want me to come back the answer is no. The two friends I have right now are more like family than you'll ever be.' As soon as I get what I want off my chest I break down into tears. I find a seat swing in the corner of the garden. I sit there and cry into my palms.

A few minutes pass and I feel someone sit on the other side of the swing. I turn to look and it's ash.

I smile when I recognise his face.

He moves closer to me and holds me in his arms 'I'm so sorry caitlin.'

I don't say anything and neither does he. He just lets me cry into his arms.

A\N

Sorry for the late update, I'll try and update as much as I can. Thanku sm for the votes and reads <3