go away

Word count: 974
Ash said he had to 'go out' this morning. I guess I'll have to ask him later. In the mean time I decide to go over to lexis.

I walk into her room to see soph curling lexis hair.

'looks nice.' I say, sitting on her bed

'Thanks' she smiles. 'Fez is taking me out.' She blushes

'On a date?'

Lexi shrugs ' I don't know'

'What even are you guys?'

Lexi sighs 'I don't know.'

I nod then scroll on tiktok.
-
'Which dress?' Lexi asks holding up one red and one blue dress.

'The red one. Red is totally your colour'

Soph nods 'yeah, your right it is.' She agrees

I sit on the bed again and then turn to soph to try and make conversation. It wouldn't hurt trying to make friends would it?

'So I'm sorry about the Cassie thing. Have you two talked since?'

'This morning. She texted me and said sorry and that she didn't know I liked her. Even though it was so obvious.'

I nod then start to bite inside my lip

'Have you talked to ash yet?' Lexi asks

'Umm no. Didn't get chance. He was out before I woke up. I woke up to his phone blowing up though and the contact name said a A with a heart next to it. I wanna trust him I really do but it's his ex you know.' I shrug lying with my fingers

' I don't think he'd hurt you like that caitlin. I know ash enough to know he's not a bad kid and he definitely would not cheat on you.'

I sigh 'let's hope your right.'

-
Later on at the house I decide to take a nap in ash's bed. Fez has gone out as I know from lexi and there going on a date or whatever.

These last couple of days I've felt like ash has kinda been distancing himself from me.
-
After waking up from my nap I go on tiktok, because realistically that's all I ever do. Go on tiktok, to watch edits mainly.

I wait for ash to come back or at least text me, or something.

Half an hour goes by still no ash and still no text or call.

I decide to call him, the phone takes about 5 seconds to ring then he finally answers

'Ash?'

'Hey caitlin what's up?'

'When will you be home?'

'In 20 minutes why?'

'Why? Because you've been fucking avoiding me for the last couple days and you've barely even spoken a word to me that's why ash. I've missed you.'

'I'll be home soon baby I promise'

I end the call and sit in silence

Ash's pov:

Ava dragged me out again today. I woke up to a dozen texts from her saying she had a good time and all that. I'm just tryna go along with it.

As much as I hate lying to my girlfriend it kinda has to be done. There's no way out of it apart from doing as she says. Hopefully this won't be lasting long. And honestly caitlin's right I have been sorta avoiding her and I've never felt worse about myself for it. I told her I'd never hurt her and I meant it.

-
I come home after dropping ava off. She's tried kissing me a few times, I dodged them though obviously. She knows full well me and caitlin are dating and honestly I think she's just tryna mess things up, there's no other way about it. She's just a bitch.

-
I walk into the bedroom to see caitlin on her phone facing the wall.

'Heyyy' I lay next to her

She turns to face me 'ash I need to speak to you'

Oh shit

Caitlin's pov:

I decided now was the time to ask.

'Okay? Whats up' he smiles going in for a kiss, I kiss back obviously. Then I look him in the eyes 'ash I don't wanna be that girlfriend that never lets you do anything without her, or doesn't let you talk to other girls but I woke up the other day to your phone going off.' I take a deep breath 'and I was gunna turn it on silent until I seen the contact name. A, for Ava? Yeah and she was saying about how much she loved spending the day with you. Ash that's your ex and I'm your girlfriend don't you think I'd at least be upset that you don't really speak to me anymore and when I saw that ash I didn't know what to believe.' I start to tear up

'Baby come here' ash wraps his arms around me

'No ash, are you or are you not seeing your ex?'

His face goes stiff

'Am I talking to myself?'

'Caitlin listen'

'I don't think you understand the question ash. Are you or are you not seeing your ex?'

Ash doesn't say anything and thats when I know I have to get away from him before he breaks my heart even more.

'Let me explain caitlin.' He says trying to get a hold of me while I pack my things.

I head to the door 'caitlin you can't go outside are you stupid? It's raining.'

I shake my head 'I'm sleeping on the couch tonight and I'll be staying at Lexis from now on.'

He sits on the couch next me and tries to hold my hand.

'Ash get the fuck off me. I don't wanna talk to you.'

I bring my knees up to my chest and start bawling 'you said you wouldn't hurt me ash! You fucking promised. You've hurt me so bad.'

'Caitlin I need to explain, I would never hurt you. Just let me-'

'Go away.'

It seems like he's had enough so he does as I say and leaves into his room