Full Metal Alchemist/Inuyasha

Category: Crossover

Anime(s)/Manga(s)/Cartoon(s): FullMetal Alchemist/Inuyasha

Genre: Romance/Drama/Humor/Spiritual/Action

Pairing: Roy Mustang/Kagome Higurashi

Warning: There may be some hinted pedophilia to rile Roy up and there might be consensual lemon later in the fic.

Summary: After losing her family, Kagome becomes mute from the tragedy and taken into child services because of a mistake in her physical age. Once they had found her father's older brother, they contact him of her family's tragedy and make plans for a worker to escort her to Central. After picking her up, he takes her to HQ with him. There, she finally meets her uncle's superior, The Flame Alchemist, Lieutenant-Colonel Roy Mustang.

Deceiving Appearances

Chapter One

The scenery passed through the window Kagome looked out from her seat on the train, the Child Service worker sitting across from her. The train they were on was on its way to Central, for her to be transferred from Eastern Child Services to there.

'Like I need to have Child Services to look after me... then again, that's what I get for being in this form most of the time...' Kagome thought as she looked at her reflection through the window.

Her face was child-like and still held some of its baby fat- it being so from when she was a ten, eleven-year-old kid. Her eyes were the same blue she remembered, if not a little lighter in color and had less inner light but not noticeably so. Her hair was the same raven color, but retained its length passed the small of her back and was loose. Not to mention she was much shorter, maybe about a couple inches under four feet; a bit under the average height of a pre-teen. Even from where she was sitting, her feet couldn't reach the ground.

This simple fact made Kagome frown a little but didn't let it bother her; the body she was in now wasn't permanent – it was just a method to preserve and keep her energy in check.

"Don't worry, Kagome. We'll be in Central in no time now... and you'll be able to see your uncle." The woman sitting across from her, the Child Services worker said, like she was trying to lighten the mood.

'Or try getting me to talk again...' Kagome thought as she glanced at the older woman from the corner of her eye and nodded before looking out the window again.

Ever since her family's death, Kagome somehow lost her ability to speak. Doctors had said it was a psychological thing due to the trauma of losing her family so suddenly. And it was... it was proven when Kagome tried her hardest to speak again. But they said that she would heal with time... or if she was in the presence of family other than her deceased family.

Kagome remembered having an uncle who was her father's older brother but she never had the chance to meet him since she was a baby. And since he was in the State military in Central, her father and he were hardly able to visit with each other; Kagome never knew what he was like or even what he looked like.

The little miko heard the woman sigh again, a sign that she was giving up on trying to get to talking.

The sounds of footsteps running caught her attention as the stopped and heard a man say, "He's right! There is someone with him... and he is small."

Then came an offended and P.O-ed yell, "Who are you calling 'a runt so tiny that he can only be seen with a magnifying glass', you jerk?!"

This caused Kagome to look up and see a blond boy with golden eyes who looked ready to kill as he stared at a middle-aged man with black and white hair. The older man tried to get him to calm down, saying that he was only repeating what someone else had said the part about him being small before two men with shades and guns stood and aimed at the man.