Yakitake! Japan/Inuyasha

Category: Crossover

Anime(s)/Manga(s): Yakitate! Japan/Inuyasha

Genre: Romance/Comedy/Spiritual/Cooking/some Drama

Pairing: Kagome/??? (It's either going to be Kuroyanagi Ryo, Suwabara Kai, Meister Kirisaki or even a harem with these three)

Warning: Gonna be some cursing and swearing in Spanish, French, and maybe some other languages.

Summary: Once defeating Naraku, returning home for good while meeting Sesshoumaru again, Kagome was expelled from school. But, with this, Kagome saw this as an opportunity to follow her late father's footsteps in making bread, especially his specialty – Wine Bread. After tirelessly working and practicing making bread with her miko energy, she finally participates in the Newcomers Exam for the Pantasia bakery. Will Kagome be able to become an Official Fruit and Wine Bread Artisan and follow in her late father's footsteps? And will she be able to find potential love among these groups of fine, talented, and intelligent bread and pastry makers?

xoxoxoxoxox

Chapter One

The heaving of breath, surprised voices of pedestrians, and called out apologies could be heard through the streets as Kagome speedily rollerbladed her way to the Pantasia store's Main branch building. Looking down at her watch, careful of the pint-sized glass Mason jar tucked in her arm, Kagome yell, "Ah! Crap! I'm gonna be late!" before picking up the pace of her speed, after turning a corner with the help of a light pole that was positioned at said corner.

Today was the day when she would take the Newcomers' Exam at the most popular Bread bakery store; Pantasia and Kagome couldn't believe how late she going to be... 'And all because of Jii-chan and Hojo-kun...!'

Earlier this morning, before everyone woke up, Jii-chan – being the early bird he was – had spotted her Mason jar of her bread's most important ingredient for its taste and had put it in the fridge when it wasn't supposed to. And to add more things to her plate before her appointment at Pantasia's Tokyo Main branch, Hojo came over saying that she shouldn't go to the exam because of her 'condition'.

Obviously, Jii-chan told him another bogus excuse about her being sick again!

'Why the hell did Jii-chan tell him I had Swine Flu?!' She screamed internally before she came closer and closer to her destination.

About a month after defeating Naraku, Kagome was able to go home for good but only to be told that she was expelled because of her countless absences. But after meeting with Sesshoumaru, who was an executive manager of a well-known bakery shop, Kagome found a new career path to take after remembering her late father's occupation as a bread artisan. From what her mother said, her father was the best when it came to making breads with wines as an ingredient, as well as certain fruits like strawberries.

From her memories, Kagome could still taste the sweetness and moistness of her father's creations that he made for his family and customers by using fresh fruit and the best foreign wines, most especially his infamous strawberry bread that he always made in the summer and his cranberry bread for the fall and winter.

It was a month after Kagome had returned home when she met up with Sesshoumaru again and the miko was making one of her father's old bread recipes since it was a holiday for the local bakery her family always bought bread from. From what the Inu Lord had said, he had smelled a particular sweet scent coming from the house. And when he noticed that Kagome was in the kitchen, adding chopped strawberries to some dough while there was something in the oven, he was curious as to what she was making.

"I'm making one of my late father's specialties; Strawberry Bread. In the oven right now is Red Wine French for my mother."

Once both loaves of bread were done, Sesshoumaru got a taste of both of them and was impressed but their taste, texture, and aroma. He even watched the process of her kneading the dough for her Strawberry Bread and asked how she was able to make the dough ferment a little quicker than normal.