Walking Dead

Waiting To Die

Summary: They were all that was left of their group. They had to get out of the city, they had to live. Yet she knew the truth, they were all just waiting to die...at least that's what she thought until she met him... Interconnected drabbles

AN: AU seeing as it's a mix of the comic and the tv show when it comes to the walking dead. As for Inu Yasha it's completely AU

Chapter One

She hissed lightly as she glanced out from behind the building she was hiding behind. Her nose was scrunched up in disgust as she caught a whiff of them. There in the middle of the street were at least two dozen walkers. Shifting around aimlessly waiting to eat...waiting to decompose...just waiting.

She glanced back at her small group. Her brother, Souta, a handful of young children, Shippo, Rin, and Kohaku, her childhood friends, Inu Yasha, Sango and Miroku. They were all that was left of their group. In the beginning there had been twenty of them, a group of classmates, friends, and family visiting the US as a 'yay we graduated!' trip. Now they were all that was left...

She shook her head. "I'll take point Sango you follow me, Miroku Inu Yasha you bring up the rear everyone else stay together, don't try and be a hero."

Everyone nodded and gulped. Kagome gave them a small smile as she readied her gun, she had two full clips left, she had to make them count. She would have used her bow and arrows which rested on her back but there would be no time to retrieve the arrows, even if she was the district champion it made little difference in this new world. Fire power and speed was all that mattered now.

She took a deep breath to steady herself; she could not let them down. She was their leader; if she faltered they all died. She would not allow that. She would not lose anyone else.

They had to make it out of the city.

They had to live.

Even if they were just waiting to die...they would make the most of what little time they had left.

"Go!" With that she ran towards the walkers, gun blaring and teeth grit as they started shuffling towards them hands out and mouths open.

God help them.