Hope- Man of Steel (Superman)

Hope

Summary: A world torn apart by greed and betrayal is ending, leaving nothing but destruction and pain in its wake. Yet two souls are saved, sent to sanctuary with the hope and dreams of an etirece race on their shoulders. Raised as normal humans they must come to terms with the fact that they are destined for much more.

Pairing: Kagome/Clark

Rating: M

x-X-x

Chapter One

x-X-x

The world was ending, everyone knew it, yet no one said a damn thing. Far too afraid of the council, they all sat there silent as they tapped into the planets core, signing their death warrant.

Now? Now everyone was trying to blame everyone else.

General Zod, her own husband, was leading a rebellion. While she did not agree with him, he was her husband and she loved him dearly. Until now he had been her world.

That all changed when they daughter had been 'born', now she was all that mattered and getting her to safety was her number one priority.

So as she ran down the halls, halls that were crubmilnign away as fire erupted from the ground itself, she held the wailing bundle closer to her chest. Such a small fragile thing her baby girl was.

She had heard the reports, she knew Jor-El and Lara were trying to send their son to safety, taking the cortex with them, maybe the Gods would smile upon her and they would allow her daughter to go with him.

Yes, her father was trying to overthrow the council and start a genocide but maybe this once the sins of the father would not affect the child.

As she rounded the doorway, she jerked back, barely avoiding a blast, she held her daughter closer, looking up at a glaring Jor-El. "Please Jor-El! Please send her to!" She shifted, showing the wailing child to the new parents, pleading in her voice.

They could kill her and her daughter just for who they were related to yet as Jor-El looked into the broken crying face of a woman he knew and held dear he could only nod. "Hurry, we don't have much time." She smiled, relief flooding her body as she placed the still wailing baby next to the calm boy in the ship.

Instantly the two infants curled into each other, her daughter still crying as the male began to whimper, picking up on her distress. She ran soothing fingers over the tufts of raven black hair, trying to sooth her, to imprint her love onto her. With fumbling fingers she unclasped a chain around her neck, dangling from it was a pink jewel, and placed it the the small tiny hands of her now calming daughter.

"I have and will always love you Kagome." She let herself be pulled away by Lara and watched with sad broken eyes as the hatch of the ship raised up and closed.

She would never see her baby girl again...but even if she didn't see her again, at least she would be safe.

Safe away from the destruction that would be happening to this planet.

Maila looked at her daughter, tears filling her eyes as she moved further away from her. She did what had to be done. Even if she had betrayed her husband...she did if for her child.

The child would grow up somewhere safe...somewhere that she knew would help her grow...and love her.

Even if she didn't know that would be the case...she could live the life of an orphan for all she knew...but it would be better than staying on this planet and dying.

Maila looked over at the other two, who were looking at their own child with the same look she had, longing and sadness.

"Thank You." Maila muttered as she finally let her tears go, not being able to hold her emotions back anymore.