Twlight-Edward

Rebellion

Summary: Explores Edward's 'rebellious' years as a young vampire. What happens when he leaves his family to hunt evil and meets Kagome instead? Will Edward's youth and bloodlust stand in the way of his love for Kagome, or will it make him all the more stronger?

New York

-.- -.- -.-

Her breaths came out in pants, her pace brisk as she made her way through the alleyways of New York. The cold bit into her skin and she cursed herself for not bringing along a shawl. Her thin dress and corset did little to keep the chill of the fall night away.

Yet she was upset, hurt and angry. As would any woman would be if faced with the reality that the man she had loved for the past two decades no longer loved her. Oh he still cared about her, loved her but was not in love with her.

Her heart clenched at the thought.

Decades, she had wasted decades with him. Giving up her family her future and her humanity for him.

Her eyes burned as tears gathered in her sorrowful blue orbs. She was still human in a sense. She could be hurt, she could feel, and she could bleed. She just didn't age nor did she die.

Forever cursed to be immortal for her sins.

She was foolish to think the gods would not punish her for her deeds, while she had meant well the end was still the same.

Rivers of blood.

Mountains of corpses.

Oceans of tears.

The folly of youth had cost her much, and others oh so much more.

At least she still had him, her happily ever after. He had promised to protect her, to love her.

Those promises had been broken.

She was alone.

She felt the tears slide down her face feeling like trails of fire on her frozen skin. She didn't care. She still marched her way through the alleyways trying to get as far away from him as she could. She was so mad and hurt!

Yet she didn't hate him, she could never hate him.

She just needed to get away, to be alone. Maybe one day she could face him again but not now, no.

He had offered her money, safe passage back to Japan yet she had refused. She didn't want anything from him. She would forge her own way. She had been alive for decades, she would prove that she could handle being on her own.

She needed no one.

Or so she thought.

She had been so caught up in her inner musing that she hadn't realized the drunkard was there until he had her pressed face first into the wall. The cold brick bit into her skin and she gasped as he placed a knife at her neck. She stilled, instinct taking over.

"Such a pretty little thing..." He grunted as he pressed into her, his free hand tugging up her skirts.

Her body shivered in disgust. He was going to try and rape her. Anger and disgust flooded her body and she jerked back against him, for what was a knife to an immortal?

The ragged blade dug into the skin of her neck making her hiss. She could still feel pain but it would not kill her. She yelped involuntarily as he yanked on her hair and threw her into a pile of trash.

"Bitch!" His loud yell echoed in the alleyway and she hoped someone would hear. Yet she pushed that thought aside. Not even hours after she had refused his help she was hoping someone else would come to her aide.