Vampire Hunter D/Inuyasha

Category: Crossover

Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance/Mystery and some more

Anime(s)/Manga(s): Vampire Hunter D/Inuyasha

Pairing: D/Kagome

Summary: The threat of Naraku is no longer a fear and the Jewel becoming one with Kagome's body, allowing the miko to go home before living with Sesshoumaru and many of her other demon friends. A few years after, in the year 1999, the Nuclear World War starts and bombs start dropping in Japan and the rest of the world. With no time to evacuate the country or even to get the miko out, Sesshoumaru takes her below the mansion and forces a deep sleep on her and forms a barrier within the cavern to keep her safe.

For over ten thousand years, Kagome's slept... never waking... never aging. At least, until a certain dhampir comes along after a hunt...

Prologue

Looking herself in the mirror, Kagome sighed while blushing at the compliments her handmaid was giving her. She was currently wearing a long pure white silk kimono with faded purple blossoms, complimented with its matching silk obi being pale lavender with a matching cord that tired around her waist. The length of the kimono allowed it drag on the floor as she walked and stood as the obi itself was pretty thick in width so the size of her bow reached from below her shoulder to a bit below her hip and the rest of the obi that was left reached almost to her knees.

The kimono was given to her by Sesshoumaru for her to wear at the gathering he and a few other demon lords and their affiliated clans (both human and demon) arranged to celebrate the five hundred and second year of the alliance they've made since Naraku's defeat as well as honor their fellow comrades who fell in the battle.

For her hair, most of it was held up in a large but loose bun that was held but a pair of matching kanzashi (hairsticks) with petal-like tendrils curved up around a pearl. Six of the longer tendrils of silver were studded with clear crystal rhinestones while the remaining six were of shining silver and un-studded. And connected to the longest un-studded tendril were three thin chains that dangled with singular clear rhinestones at the end of each chain. Because the hairstyle was so loose, some stray strands of her raven hair fell and framed her face with her bangs. And on her ears were five-petal flower ear studs of sterling silver.

Both the earrings and the kanzashi were from her son, Shippó as a birthday gift for her recent eighteenth birthday. The miko had very little makeup with only light touches of lavender eye shadow, a very light touch of blush, and lip-gloss that brought out the pink of her lips.

About two years had passed since Naraku's death when in a desperate attempt to kill them all the hanyou reabsorbed all his incarnations too quickly without even realizing that he reabsorbed his human heart, which was still in Kanna's care. With the hanyou's heart being absorbed back into him, all that were present at the battlefield jumped at the chance to kill him with none of his incarnations being an obstacle any longer and Naraku was now vulnerable and easier to kill now that he had his heart be in his body.

Everyone combined their attacks, Kagome's sacred arrow and the Inu brothers' swords giving said attack a great boost in power, and was able to destroy the spider hanyou. With Naraku gone, Kagome was able to restore the jewel back to its original state but instead of making a wish on it, the jewel merged with Kagome's body and soul.

After burying the dead, paying respects, long celebrations, and Sango and Miroku's wedding, it was time to say Kagome's goodbyes to her friends and allies whom she came to view as family. While she would never be able to see her human friends, she was promised that she would be able to see her demon friends in her era. Maybe, even sooner than she expected...