Prince of Tennis/Inuyasha

Category: Crossover

Anime(s)/Manga(s): Inuyasha/Prince of Tennis

Genre: Sports/School life/Comedy/Action/Romance

Pairing: Kagome/???

Fic Note: This will take place a little bit after Ryoma meets Sakuno. I'm re-watching the entire series since it's been so long since I had seen it and can't remember the last episode I had watched.

Summary: After coming home with the victory of defeating Naraku, Kagome was hospitalized after being involved in a car accident that killed her mother, grandfather, and younger brother. Although she survived, her eyes were damaged after getting glass in them and the doctors say she'll be permanently blind for the rest of her life unless she undergoes a cornia transplant. Refusing the surgery and being released from the hospital, Kagome starts to live with her father and his family soon, after they moved back to Japan from America, to finish school with her now only brother younger brother, Ryoma. How will things go for Kagome's new life? Will she be able to live a remotely normal life? And what's this about Nanjiro teaching her tennis despite her handicap?

Tennis at a New Level

Chapter One

Ryoma was practicing tennis on the temple's court on the property when he heard footsteps heading his way. Glancing at the corner of his eye, he saw a familiar raven-haired girl take a seat on the bench that was set under a Sakura tree. Wrapping up his practice, he went to take a seat next to the girl, "Konnichi-wa, Né-san."

"Konnichi-wa, Ryoma. How was the tournament at the Kakinokizaka Tennis Garden? Did you win?" The girl next to him asked softly with her head turned to him but not really looking at him.

"No... I was disqualified after being five minutes late. I got the wrong directions. And the girl who gave them tried her best to apologize by getting me a drink from one of the vending machines but she didn't bring any change with her so I had to pay for the drinks." Ryoma received a chuckle from the girl next to him before asking her, "So how was your day? Did Oyaji try to teach you tennis again, despite your handicap?"

A smile crept on the girl's face before answering, "I just completed his training today while you were gone. I was even able to play a couple matches with him with so few mistakes. With what he's taught me combined with my ability to fight without my eyes, I'll be able to play tennis even though I'm blind."

"Hmm... scary."

The raven-haired girl laughed, bringing a light smile to Ryoma's face. He loved it when he was able to see her smile and laugh compared to when she was still in the hospital.

The girl next to him was his older half-sister, Higurashi Echizen Kagome. Even though they had different mothers, they were pretty close while growing up and his brother, Ryoga was still around. They adored her with every fiber of there being. Hell, when she heard that Ryoga disappeared somewhere, she was so heartbroken that he didn't tell her anything. She had cried for two days straight during the summer she was staying with them to spend time with Nanjiro.

But recently Kagome and her family got caught in a car accident that killed her mother, grandfather, and her brother Souta on impact. She was the only one who survived with some fractured ribs, a fractured leg, some bruises, and some bits of broken glass getting caught in her eyes, damaging the corneas and making her blind.

The doctors say that she could be able to see again if she underwent a cornea transplant for both eyes... but because Kagome knew how expensive the procedure was and not wanting to burden their dad about the medical bills, Kagome refused the surgery and decided to live with being blind, most likely for the rest of her life.