Fifteen: The Burrow

Chapter 15 is done! I'm so sorry for the wait but this is what happens when I think I can handle school + work full time.
— —

'Sirius Black freed!'

'Sirius's Black Cleared of All Charges: Ministry Apologizes Profusely!'

'Thomas Potter Stands In Trial Of The Century!'

'Secrets Revealed: Sirius Innocent All Along?'

Thomas looked at his therapist.

She was a lovely woman. Halfblood, if he remembered correctly. She wore circular frames similar to his brother, but hers were so big it took up half her head. She had long dark curly hair that fell any which way and bohemian patterned robes. Around the room was novelties he would find in a old shop.

She was a fan of owls, as the room was full of little figurines and pictures. Snowy owls were her favorite. She was so excited when he talked about Hedwig for the first time.

'Oh I would love to meet her, send me an owl with her when you're reunited with Harry!'

Not every topic was lighthearted though. Today's wasn't. It was the heaviest thing they've dealt with so far.

"How was it?" She asked softly. 

He shook his head as if he was trying to shake the memory from his brain.

"Awful." He answered. "All those people...and they way they looked at me...s'bloody awful—" He couldn't help but grouse.

The looks of pity made him angry. So angry to the point that he had to take breaks during the trial. Of course that made things worst as the tabloids framed it as him getting too 'overcome with emotion' and leaving to cry. It was stupid and he hated it. He hated all the attention on him, on his family. He just wanted them to go away.

"Well, it's the trial of the century involving your caretaker. I'd suppose it would be awful to sit through." She mused.

She had an airy quality to her voice. Like a person who's smoked too much mugwort and had not a thought left. Despite that, she was smart as a tack and usually said the right things. Keyword: Usually.

"I saw that Bellatrix was on the stand. How did that make you feel, Thomas?"

'Bellatrix Stands Trial In Defense Of Cousin!'

Seeing her on the stand that day did make him emotional. Her personality outside of Azkaban was a shock to him. She didn't look so wild in Azkaban. She wasn't as psychotic. After almost year of being free, he was so used to normalcy that Bellatrix scared him the first time he saw her with regular witches and wizards.