Six: Moony and I

That Friday, Neville and Thomas met the moon.

Remus Lupin was their DADA teacher who took a shining to Thomas once he walked in. Severus did say Remus was his godfather, so even if he didn't meet him properly he already loved him like he did Lucius. He wanted strong relationships with all the figures in his life.

"We have to be overly nice Neville. Then after class I ask about the rat." Thomas whispered to the Gryffindor. Neville nodded.

"I still don't know how this is going to help us find the Lion—"

"Hello Neville, decided to ditch the lions?" Blaise asked, sneaking up on the two boys.

"Always knew Longbottom was down with the snakes. How would your lions feel?" Alistaire was Neville's cousin so they were friends already.

"Just because our houses hate eachother doesn't mean I hate you. Aunt Greta would curse us into next week if we look at eachother funny." Said Neville. Allistaire nodded with a grimace.

"Yes, we have all heard the stories of your Aunt Greta." Blaise shuddered.

"I apologize Remus for interrupting," Severus appeared in the class making everyone stop and stare. Severus approached Thomas and held out his wand. "Mr. Potter, you forgot something." Thomas took his wand with a sheepish smile.

"Keep forgetting it, sorry Professor."

"Whatever you're practicing, make sure these two don't participate," Snape motioned to Thomas and Neville. "Both are too incompetent to perform the simplest spells and one of them thinks their wand is a disposable quill." Thomas snickered as Severus ruffled his hair and walked out.

"Today we will be practicing the ridikulus spell—"

"Good luck." Severus called out as he left.

Remus did not share the same reproach as Severus did. "Can anyone tell me what that is?" Thomas raised his hand along with Hermione. Did anyone see her come in? He did notice she wasn't by the redhead when they walked in.

"Mr. Potter." Remus called with a small smile.

"The ridikulus spell is defense against a boggart. It changes your true fear into something hilarious. Boggarts were used in battle to scare opposing teams and the spell was first used to make them disappear, however it became a comical spell in sixteen seventy eight when people realized facing their fears was easier than banishing it." He answered.

"Good job! ten points to Slytherin." Remus said. Hermione was frowning as she wrote a note in a small book.

"I would like to have a volunteer. Mr. Longbottom may you please step up?" Neville nervously moved to the front.

"Now Neville tell me your biggest fear?" Remus asked.

"P-P-Professor Snape." He stutters and the class laughed. Thomas didn't. Neville was scared of his Dad!

"Aren't we all?" Joked Remus. "Well Neville, I want you to remember the clothes your grandmother wears."

"Well..." Neville started. "she has a red handbag—"

"Don't explain. Now what I want you to do is..." Remus whispered into Neville's ear and he started laughing.

"Okay, ready Neville?" Remus flicked the box open. Out walked Snape as if he had never left. Neville held his wand out and took a deep breath.

"Ridikulus!" He shouted. Thomas was the first to burst into laughter as he watched his poised and perfect Professer in drag with a vulture hat, a dress, and a large red handbag. The class roared with laughter.