Seven: Lungs, meet Air

Thomas was walking the halls with none other than Hermione Granger. Much to the surprise of his friends who had seen them that morning. Draco tried to call out for him—bonk him on the head and lecture him about being around mudbloods. Thomas didn't really care. Thomas didn't care much about blood status. He wasn't raised with a blood status, he only knew he was magical.

Thomas just didn't like muggles.

Now lets be clear, he has never met a muggle before. He was taking muggle studies for that reason. He only knew a biased version of muggles from his family and reached a neutral decision that they had no use in the wizarding world. So while he chatted with Hermione about muggle school of all things, he learned one thing. They had atleast one use; to educate magical children.

"...Thomas I'm sure you would've went to school if it weren't for...you know." She told him. Thomas shrugged.

"Not likely, when your magic-raised you get tutors. However, I was supposed to be raised like a wolf, so I wouldn't have been able to go to school. Werewolves aren't allowed educations." He replied. Thomas thought Hermione was easy to talk to since she was a muggleborn and knew less about their world. Sometimes he sounded strange to his pureblooded friends but, he didn't sound strange to her.

"That's completely barbaric! How can they better themselves if they're unable to learn?" She was affronted by that piece of information. How could she stand Ron when she's so smart, Thomas wondered.

"Exactly! The only hope for young werewolves is hoping a professor had been turned in order to teach them." Remus told him that's how he got paid before he worked at Hogwarts. Hermione didn't like that one bit.

"That's rubbish you know, I think the wizarding world is a bit too medieval. My parents have been begging me to come back and I think I should. How could we live in a world who treats people differently because of who they are?" She asked.

"Hermione that's racism. Muggles have that too. Don't forget what Britan did to the whole world. It's just the wizarding world replaced skin color with magical creatures." He explained and she blushed at the realization. How could she not think of it that way? She should've already known that was the case considering she had to deal with it once. It was the same as muggle racism.

"By the way, you leaving the wizarding world is a bad idea. You're extremely bright, you'll be the next Minister if you tried, and you cannot leave my brother around that idiot Ron or else his brain will turn into mush."

Hermione blushed even harder. "Ron isn't an idiot, he's just a bit disorganized..." Thomas looked away as Luna came skipping up to his side.

"Don't think I haven't noticed you ignoring me, Tommy. You promised you'd buy me a few things in Honeydukes." Thomas forgot it was Hogsmade weekend. That's why his Uncle gave him money!

"I promised I would Luna. Let's see cockaroach clusters or was it jelly slugs?" He asked. She held up a paper.

"I have a list. I hope that's enough." Said. He looked at the amount if candy she asked for.

"Luna you're allergic to licorice wands, why do you need one?" He asked.

"The Lungs will finally meet the air. Have fun you two." She skipped away leaving Hermione confused.

"She's strange, but I love her like a sister." He said. He didn't notice Hermione looking relieved. When she heard love she thought her heart dropped. She had to get rid of the crush on her best mates brother!

"So what are you doing in Hogsmade?" Hermione asked.

"My Uncle gave me money for a hair cut at Mister Malkins, then Honeydukes, and I'll probably meet my friends in The Three Broomsticks. Any plans for your first trip?" He asked.