Two: Escape

Severus Snape was the first to arrive to Godric's Hollow.

He passed the lifeless body of James on the steps, still not caring for the man even after death. And when he saw Lily's body he wept in pain. The Dark Lord promised not to kill, but he should have known. The Dark Lord wasn't merciful and he was idiotic to believe so. The corpse of Voldemort lay by the crib where an infant slept.

He heard a muffled cry and searched for the sound, Harry Potter was sleeping, so it had to be the other child.

"Mum! Mum! Mum!" He opened the cabinet and the crying boy ceased. The green eyed, black haired boy looked up at him, his face red from crying. "Mum. Mum." He kept babbling as he saw the fallen body and Severus had to pick him up and turn him away from it.

He had a choice; let the boy be overshadowed by his brother or raise him himself. Knowing the boy would most likely become a bitter and angry, he thought it best to take him. Lily would've wanted it that way. After all he remembers her letters, her promise of letting him be a God parent to their next child. He was so close to forgiveness, he must do this for her.

"Snape home." He mutters before popping out of existence; Thomas secured in his arms. The pop awoke Harry, seemingly startled and his cries rang out again. They would fall on to deaf ears until Sirius came searching.

"Harry, Tommy!" Sirius ran in a minute too late. He went to Harry's crib and picked up the crying boy with a puffy red scar. He checked Tommy's crib and saw it empty. He only thought the worst. His mind tried to blind it out, but where could Thomas have gone? It was dead silent. Dead...oh Tommy. Had only one survived?

"Sirius, what happened?" Hagrid stomped into the room. The bushy haired gaint saw the man holding Harry. He saw the tears brimming. Wait he has Harry? Where's—

"He's killed them all, he killed Lily, James, and he killed Thomas." Sirius held to Harry as he cried. He was never this emotional in his life. Hagrid couldn't even stand; he had to grab the crib before he collapsed. His weight almost crushed it. Two people he had considered family passed. And one of the two boys he was told to find were gone.

"Dear Merlin, no." He covered his face with his hands as he cried.

...

"Ah Severus, I see you found Thomas." Severus jumped when Dumbledore appeared from the shadows. He had reached the front steps when he was confounded and Dumbledore cast an obliviate on the young man that wiped everything that happened in the last ten minutes. Dumbledore knew Severus would find him, it was him who gave the order. It only made his job easier.

"Sorry m'boy. It's for the greater good." Darkness descended on Thomas as Albus picked him up and popped away. Albus arrived near Fenrir's pack that were mourning the loss of their Dark Lord. Fenrir's spotted Dumbledore instantly. Well, it's not as if he was hiding.

"Fenrir, I have a gift for you." Said Dumbledore. Fenrir snarled at the light hero. He had no business being there. Dumbledore revealed Thomas who started to cry after being touched by the cold air. Fenrir sniffed the air and he knew the child smelled like the Potter man. This must be one of the prodigal sons their Dark Lord was after.

"I only need one son. Kill it and I'll make sure you don't go to Azkaban." The elder left the boy on the ground and apparated away. Thomas started crying harder and Fenrir was ready to end its misery. He had no interested in children and he was rather hungry. He picked up the boy and looked into his green eyes.

Something stopped him. He could only think of the potential. Having a potter boy in his pack would reach the ears of many. And if his Lord ever came back they would have an advantage.