Five: Heart and Soul

The first day of classes was the most exciting day for Thomas.

He woke up before the sun rose and he and Alistair walked to breakfast together to get their time tables. Alistair filled him in on everything that happened the last two years. Apparently his brother faced off "Voldemort" in first year, then found the Chamber of Secrets in his second. Sadly, it was only noble to Gryffindor house as others suffered while he did this.

"Yeah, Potter really messed things up. My brother said the worst that happened before he came was Filch accidentally let a slug in the great hall. Now a kid gets injured every week because a dragon wants to pay a visit." He explained. They sat at a table near the Ravenclaws and Thomas met a girl.

Yes, he should really stop starting conversations, but this girl looked so interesting that he couldn't help it. The blonde hair was normal, the pale skin with freckles was normal, but the oddity that was her clothes and accessories were not.

"I've never seen earrings like that before." He quipped. The young girl smiled at him, her lovely blue eyes staring into his green ones as if she was trying to figure him out.

"They were a gift from my Father, they protect me from whizzing humdingers." She replied. He thought back to the many books he read about magical animals and concluded he hadn't even heard of such a thing.

"And what do your glasses do?" He asked about the multicolored outlandish frames she had tucked in her shirt.

"Helps me see the nargles. There's many of them in school so you don't want them crawling in your head." Thomas for once was speechless. He finally understood when Draco called him nutters—he actually met a person who's wonky. Still there was more to the girl that he really wanted to figure out.

"I think you're quite interesting and I'd love to talk to you more about Nargles and whizzing humdingers." He admitted. She smiled serenely at him and she thrust her hand out to shake his.

"I'm Luna by the way, Luna Lovegood. Sometimes my friends call me Loony Lovegood. Who are you?" She introduced. That had him floored. Everyone knew who he was!

"I'm Thomas Potter, sometimes I go by Tommy." He answered.

"So you're the soul? Good thing you came because the heart was being smothered by the brain and the brawn." She said which was even more strange. He was the soul?

"There goes the heart now," She motioned and Thomas watched Harry Potter walk into the Great Hall. How was his brother the heart?

"Always behind him is the brain." A black girl with bushy brown hair followed him. So Harry was the heart and he was the soul and the bushy haired girl was the brains. Then who's the brawns?

"What do you mean they're smothering him?" He asked.

"Every time the lion comes the brain and brawn try to stop it, but the heart wants what it wants and it wants the lion." Hmm, so who was the lion? It had to be a Gryffindor...

"I'll help the heart and make sure the brain and brawn leave the lion alone." He promised. She smiled.

"Thank you! I kept asking the eyes, but he would run away and hide behind the smile." She seemed so happy that someone finally listened to her that Thomas didn't have the heart to let her down.

"Thomas, Snape has our timetables." Alistair called out.

"Meet me at lunch? I'll update you on my success later." He asked. She nodded and he grabbed two pieces of bacon and followed Alistair.

"Hi Severus!" He greeted Severus.

"At school I'm not Severus, I'm your Professor. The classes that you picked were Muggle studies, Ancient Runes, and Care of Magical Creatures. Don't fail." He handed him his timetables and he and Alistair met with Blaise and Terrence.