Nine: The Three Broomsticks

Okay if imma do this im not following the general plot from before cause it sucks ass!

He's way too powerful and I hate it.

---

Madam Pomfrey had an idea

"A magic suppressor?" Thomas didn't know how he felt about it. Madam Pomfrey had only suggested it as an option so he wouldn't over exert his magic again. His immediate answer in his mind was a stern no. He was in love with his magic. He couldn't imagine it being suppressed.

"Only for a while until you can control your magic. You keep over exerting yourself by adding too much power to your spells. This only causes harm over time. I will talk to Severus about this. I think it's needed in this situation." She explained.

She wrote on a slip of paper. "Show this to your Professors. You're not allowed to use magic today." He took the slip and left the Mediwing. As he walked through the empty halls he thought about it. Magical suppressants. It wouldn't completely wipe his magic, but it would stop him from over exerting himself. He did need to stop doing that. He made a promise not to go back to the Mediwing after he broke his nose and he was back there for a second time.

He needed to talk to Remus. Since he wasn't in contact with Sirius as much and Madame P was going to tell Severus anyway, Remus was the only other guardian figure around to talk to. It was still early and he knew Remus didn't tend to go down for breakfast so he headed straight to his office.

"Remus?" He knocked on the oak door and it pushed open by itself. He walked in and his eyes squinted as it was barely lit. The windows were covered by dark curtains and the room reeked of blood. That had him worried. What if Remus hurt himself and no one knew?

Curse Madam P's rule. "Lumos." His wand tip ignited and he looked around until he spotted a large lump on a threadbare sofa. Remus was curled up under a grey blanket that had been ripped up.

"Remus?" He said louder as he moved closer. "Remus are you okay?"

The lump began to untwist itself and Remus let out a pain filled moan. Thomas heard the creaks and cracks of his bones and joints as Remus sat upright. It sounded absolutely painful and his stomach was unsettled when he heard it. Remus took a ragged breath before speaking to the student.

"Thomas, it's early," His gravely voice was so unlike his normal one. "Is there a reason why you're here so early?"

Thomas's voice trembled. "I-I wanted to talk to you. Re...Remus are you okay? What happened?"

Remus rubbed his eyes. He could see fresh red marks on his neck and arms. When he finally looked at Thomas, his face was sunken in and lifeless. A tear dropped from Thomas's eye and he quickly wiped it away.

"Full moon yesterday," Remus smiled grimly. "It takes a lot out of me as you can see." He grabbed a bell and rung it. Immediately a tray for tea popped up on the trunk beside the couch.