1: The City of Dreams & Alcoholism

(Y/N POV)

When I was little, my mother took me to see a street performance in Redshore City, where a bunch of people of different kinds were freestyle dancing as if they were from out of this world. Grooving and letting loose as a popular song blares out of a boombox as they would spin and seemingly soar in the air. I couldn't take my eyes off of them, it truly felt like something I had never seen in my entire life, and it sparked something inside me. I wanted to be like them and be able to touch the sky with no limit, though I knew it wouldn't be easy to achieve.

My mother told me, "Don't give up. Just be you, because life's too short to be anyone else."

She was right, a week later she was fell sick, then soon after that, she was gone, and everything changed...

Including me...

???: "Moose!!!" A feminine voice screamed into my ear, making my whole-body flinch from where I was.

I felt something wet soak through the fur on my right cheek. Out of instinct, I touched my cheek and it was only then that I realized I was drooling on the neon bar stand in the big night club we were meant to be performing in. There had been an exclusive bet made by a rando in a suit for two opposing teams of freestyle dancers to perform against one another. Whichever team wins the best freestyle performance gets a spot to rehearse in front of a talent scout working for the one man who makes dreams happen. Jimmy Crystal. Though truth be told, it is claimed practically impossible to impress him due to the number of performances he attends and leaves instantly without a second thought.

I began to look around, taking in my current surroundings. The night club was a combination of an inside bar setting and outside patio with a decently sized concrete foundation that was used a stage when the bar hired bands to perform for special events. Not to say that the freestyle dance off between the two teams was arranged or even permitted by the bar owner to begin with. Ultimately making this performance illegal along with the illegal betting that was undoubtedly taking place while a crowd of people made bets outside the bar on which team would succeed, while patrons within the bar played the betting game a bit more discrete and played their bets safe, only betting a fairly decent amount of cash but not a whole lot. The logic of these patrons was that if you bet too much and lose, you'll be picking up pennies off the street like the rest of us struggling to even afford a roof over our heads. The bar was mostly bright with neon colors on the walls, and a lit-up dance floor in the middle of the club with pole dancers in the center to entertain the people attending while waiting for the next performance.