chapter one: stories

Hiccup p.o.v

I always have this one dream of mine ever since I was 12, I'd always have a dream of me at a younger age having a childhood friend, all I could remember was he had white hair even though his parents both had black hair, but he didn't have red eyes like an albino.

His eye were blue like the sky, but I could never remember the name of this child hood friend even though these memories showed us been close, so one day I asked my father when I was thirteen.

"Father. Can I ask you something?" I asked as I stood near the top of the hand made stairs, I was looking at my father who sat Infront of the rock fire pit that was lit a light.

"Go on son." he said in a deep thunderous voice that was somehow still calm and kind, he had just finished helping berk defend against another dragon attack and was now trying to relax.

"I keep having a dream of er a Child hood friend ... He had white hair, but I don't remember him." I said as I walked down into the lower floor of the hand made cabin.

"Come, sit down." he said patting the wooden seat next to him, I slowly walked to the spot and I sat down facing the fire just like my father, "the child you describe brings back some memories, he was like you small, weak, not fit to be a Viking, his name was dryden brunister and his clan the brunisters," he explained as he through some wood into the fire.

"They were some of the strongest Vikings out there because they had a natural resistance to fire, but one day ... the dragons killed them all," he hesitated as he spoke of their death, and I took that as sorrow.

It seamed to me he was upset, but the more memories I remembered the less I believed they're dead but it's the only answer to his ware about's ... In the belly of a dragon.

But now I rarely have those dreams actually when I met toothless was when they stopped, I had started to forget that I even had a child hood friend after a few years that all changed.

Narrator p.o.v

While hiccup was growing up on berk dryden was having a tough time, the story that stoick the vast had told his son was a lie, the brunisters didn't get killed off. No they all left as they believed berk was unsafe and too close to the dragons.

So they moved taking multiple boats with them, they went to sea they went from island to island hoping to find a place to stay, but everywhere had something new and dangerous.

But one day they found an island and it was the worst one yet because it was protected by a white dragon, a white dragon who was the alpha of a group of dragons.

She didn't like the idea of Vikings taking over her island, so she attacked trying to get them to leave without harming them, but even with how cautious she was, she couldn't help injuring one or two humans.

This is where dryden comes in as at the time he was just a child, actually he was 10 when his family got onto this island, and he felt the island was very homely.

But only one day of been on the island changed his view quick and changed his life for ever, was it a good thing or a bad thing? He would have to see what comes to him in the future.