chapter thirteen: night terrors

Dryden p.o.v

I'm really not used to been in a group so me and angel both curled up into eachother and just tried to get some sleep once the fire was set up, angel seamed desperate to curl up today probably because she's freaked out by toothless and his weird staring that he has been doing as a pass time.

I kept a small peak hole under angels wing so I could keep an eye on toothless and hiccup, they were talking while looking at angel and I could tell there was something in toothless's eyes almost like he was admiring angel again it was very creepy and uncomfortable but there's nothing I can do about it so I just decided to ignore it and go to sleep.

But my sleep wouldn't last long because once the ghost stories were over and everyone started to go to sleep I heard someone moving past me and angel of course when I'm trying to sleep someone decides to go adventuring, but that wasn't going to stop me if they get hurt or get lost well it's not my fault I wasn't the one wondering out into the dark by myself.

So I tried to get some sleep but now I was inturupted by a blood curdling scream and a screech of a chicken, "for God sake do you guys ever be quiet" I stated pushing angels wing up and walking out "it isn't our fault" Astrid stated as she picked herself up from the ground "well last time I checked dragons don't scream like a little girl" I retorted crossing my arms, I felt angel nudge me so I looked to her she seamed to have taken a defensive position facing the trees of the forest.

I turned around and clicked the trigger on my crossbow causing it to fold out then I aimed it towards the forest, the was a second silence as everyone focused on that direction when out came tuff nut holding a chicken "was you the one that did the scream" I asked lowering my crossbow bow, the twin tried to act innocent but when he realised I wasn't happy he nodded.

"Why did you scream?" Hiccup asked walking up to tuff nut with Astrid close behind him, tuff nut seamed to be confused before he remembered what happened "oh yes there was this huge dragon it was bigger then a monstrous nightmare but Something was odd about it" he said making his voice sound creepy like when he told the ghost story a minute ago.

"Well lead the way" hiccup asked in a sarcastic voice that tuff nut didn't pick up on, we followed tuff nut around the forest for at least an hour looking for a dragon that probably didn't exist so we headed back to our camp sight "now go back to sleep and don't run off" hiccup explained, "yeah maybe you should stop making stupid story's" ruff nut stated to her brother after wacking him on the back.

"Hey ... Me and angel will scout out the area just incase this large dragon is shy" I said trying to make an excuse to get angel away from toothless, "are you sure ....you do need some sleep" hiccup said with a confused look, "nah I'll be fine I have gone through days without sleep" I explained climbing onto the back  of angel "fine go ... If you don't want sleep then don't have any" Astrid stated pushing hiccup away from me and angel.

I rolled my eyes before angel and I took off, I prefer flying in the night it's calm and soothing the cold air hitting your face not only feels nice but also keeps you awake for longer, for the most part my scouting went well, there was no dragon attack though I had a weird feeling I was been watched which I'm not used to because usually I'm the person watch others and giving them that feeling.

So when the sun rose I headed back to the camp sight and hiccup was quick to question me on any findings, "so did you find a dragon?" Hiccup asked and I shook my head as I hopped off angel "but I did have a weird feeling I was been watched" I stated which Astrid over heard and laughed very loudly "a feeling doesn't prove anything" she said getting closer to me, "to you maybe ... But me ... When I get a feeling ... It means I feel something that's there" I stated getting into her face.