𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

TW: case talk (violence, weapons, rape)

"Okay then my lovelies, we have a not so lovely case in the Big Easy today." Penelope started, turning to the screen as pictures of bodies flashed up on the screen, I wasn't turned off by the gruesomeness, more intrigued by them.

"Three bodies have been found, all shot multiple times in the head. The victims were 33 year old John Daniels, 35 year old Marcel Ray, and 30 year old Lionel Munch." She continued, passport pictures of the men popping up on the screen next to their lifeless corpses.

"Okay, these are definitely surrogates." JJ muttered from next to me.

She was right, these men could have been brothers. Dark skin, shaved heads, athletic looking.

"Gunshot to the head- makes it seem less personal. But the fact that they were shot multiple times in the same place shows rage, and a lot of it." I added, Emily humming in agreement.

"We have time to discuss it on the jet, there's a long flight a head of us. Wheels up in twenty." Hotch concluded, stacking some files and leaving the room briskly.

I exhaled, picking up the files in front of me and following the rest of the team out of the room, I grabbed my phone from my pocket, sending Elijah a quick message.

Me: Hiya Elijah, how are things at home with Colette going?

Elijah: Fine.

I scoffed quietly, he was really in a mood with me this time. I had been dealing with his bad attitude ever since I told him the full story of summer 1997, I understood his anger, sadness, frustration, but he just hadn't gotten over it. Emmy was more sad than anything, but her emotions weren't directed at me. At least half of my siblings like me.

"Everything good?" Derek asked as he walked with me to our desks, grabbing our bags.

"Practically perfect." I responded with a light smile.

"Mary Poppins right?" He quizzed as he held open the glass doors for me.

I nodded, "I did try to incorporate supercalifragilisticexpialidocious into my vocabulary, but surprisingly it didn't stick."

He laughed wholeheartedly as we stepped into the elevator, holding the doors open as we saw the rest of the team making their way to us.

"What are you two giggling about?" JJ asked suspiciously as she walked in, a large duffel bag in one hand.

"Mary Poppins." I responded seriously, JJ opening her mouth with confusion.

"Close your mouth please Jennifer. We are not codfish." I continued the joke proudly.

She smiled as she shook her head, "You're good."

I internally squealed with delight at the notion that my new team members like me, I seemed to have made a good impression with them all, except for Agent Hotchner but I guess that's my fault. It seems there is a time and place for Lord of the Rings jokes.