𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑: 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

Ada's POV

Ada's POV

"Here you go sweetheart," I pass Emmy a mug of hot chocolate before I sit down next to her at the dining table, "How are you feeling?"

She takes a sip of the drink, wincing at the hot temperature before putting it down on the table, linking her hands together, "I'm fine, I think. I just- I don't know, I didn't expect to see him, ever. So, when I opened the door and he was just standing there, I just- I froze."

I nodded, stroking her back, "What did he say to you?"

She looked in the direction of the living room, where I sent Elijah and Colette so I could talk to Emmy in private, before whispering, "He hadn't known about Coco. As you know, I didn't even know I was pregnant until week 16, at that point, he was already gone."

"And now he knows?" I ask her as she takes another sip of her drink.

She nods over the rim of the mug, "I don't know how he found out, he's not on any of the paperwork, legally he has no right to her; but somehow he now knows, and he was so angry, Ada, not at her, but me."

"Because you didn't tell him?" I suggest gently.

"Yes," She responds, shaking her head and turning to me, "But, I swear, if I would have known, I would have told him. It's- It was such a difficult time, and I had no way of contacting him, I- I would have loved her to have a dad, but now he thinks that I purposefully took her away from him."

I grab her hands tight, "Emmy, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, that you could have done differently. You had just turned 16 when you found out, you did everything you could. But also, you know in your heart that he would not have been a good father, he wasn't good to you, that wouldn't have changed when you had Colette."

"I know, I know," She nodded, her eyes glistening with unshed tears, "But, a stupid part of me, when I was overwhelmed with Coco, thought that maybe if I would found out I was pregnant sooner, or if he stayed, that he would have changed. That overnight he wouldn't be such a damn narcissist, or he wouldn't shout and get angry over the little mistakes I would make, or he- he just would stop being himself."

"But you know that wouldn't have happened," I comforted, "I need to know you understand that, Emmy. Louis was not a nice person, and by the sounds of it, he hasn't changed."

She blinks quickly, "No, he hasn't changed, he was almost worse. He seemed angrier, and I don't know, like he was completely out of control. Maybe he was drunk, or high, but he was almost scary."

"But he left?"

"Yes," She sniffs, wrapping her hands around the hot mug, "He was very classy about it, called me a slutty bitch. He really needs to work on his complimenting game."

I smiled sadly, pulling her into my side as she leans her head on my shoulder, "Do you know how long he's been back?"

"A couple of weeks," She mumbles, "He's staying at a hotel, which doesn't surprise me, him and his parents weren't on the greatest of terms."