𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓: 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐬

"Are you sure you're okay to walk?" I held my hand out in Elijah's direction as he stepped out of Aaron's car

He swatted me away, "I'm fine." He stood straight on the sidewalk outside our house, "See?" He asked smugly.

I rolled my eyes, "I think after everything, I'm allowed to be slightly concerned with your wellbeing."

He shot me a smile as he began to walk to the house, I couldn't believe that he was already out of the hospital, it had only been 3 days, but the Doctors had assured me he was okay. Emmy and Colette hadn't even come up to see him yet, I was going to bring them up to the hospital today, but there wasn't any point now that he was coming home anyway.

I felt a hand on the side of my hip, I tilted my head back to see Hotch hovering behind me, a duffel bag of some of Elijah's clothes over his shoulder. He had barely left my side over the last few days, just leaving to sort Jack out for school, but my heart still fluttered whenever I saw him.

"Hi." I grinned at him from upside down.

His eyes glinted with amusement, "Hello you."

"So, are you coming in?" I asked hopefully.

He looked down at his watch, "For a little while, it's almost 3 o'clock, so I'm supposed to pick Jack up from school."

I nodded, Hotch leaning down to place a light kiss on my forehead. The small reminder of his lips was almost enough to send me into dry humping territory with the first pillow I saw. I cringed at the places my mind took me when I was around Aaron. I desperately needed to get laid. By him. Otherwise, that pillow would really be the next best option.

We hadn't kissed since the first time, I'm not sure why. It seemed so right at that moment, like all the pieces started to fit together, and now it was like any kiss would be unworthy of the situation. I think we were both just waiting for that right moment again.

"Can you let me in?" Elijah called from the doorstep, I straightened up with a sigh, Hotch walking with me to the front entrance and handing me the keys to open the door.

"Now, don't get Colette too excited, she's supposed to have a nap soon," I warned as he stepped into the house. Hotch held the door as I walked inside, "Girls! Look who's home." I shouted into the hallway, waiting for the onslaught of squeals to make their way toward us.

Hotch closed the door behind us, dropping the duffel bag onto the floor, "Shall I make a drink?" He asked.

"That would be great." I smiled, he nodded, weaving past me and into the kitchen. I'm mature enough now to admit that I did look at his ass.

"Elijah?" I heard Emmy's voice call from upstairs, and then the pattering of footsteps. She emerged from the top of the stairs, running down with a bright smile and almost jumping into Elijah's arms.

"Whoa, be careful." I cautioned as Elijah almost fell backward. He didn't seem to care though, chuckling as he wrapped his arms tightly around his sister's back, squeezing her so hard that she came off the floor.