𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝

Hotch's POV

Hotch's POV

I leaned back into my desk chair, relishing in the knowledge that all my work was finished, and it was only lunchtime. I've come to realise that I am less productive when Ada is in the office, I don't know how that correlates, but over the last few weeks, I have gotten so much done. Maybe she's a distraction because she seems to always be in my mind.

After the almost-kiss, I have been struggling to toss up what's going on between us. Part of me knows how I feel, but my brain tries to squash whatever those feelings are away. I'm her boss, she works under me. But a stupid part of me wants, nay needs, her under me.

Don't be a numpty, she would say. But I can't help it, something about her intoxicates me. I feel like someone different when I'm around her like she has a special key that opens a new door in my mind, a door leading to wonder, happiness, to bright light.

I shake my head; I can't be thinking like this.

There's a knock at my door, "Come in." I call out.

Dave opens the door, "Aaron, how are you doing?" He asks as he walks up to my desk, placing some files down.

"Fine." I respond, "You?"

He chuckles, "Good job you didn't go into medicine, you don't have the best bedside manners."

"Sorry, I'm just thinking." I apologised, flicking through the papers he put in front of me.

"Thinking about?" He quizzed; his brows raised in question.

I shook my head, "Nothing, thanks, Dave. I'll get to these files." Although part of me was disappointed at the new workload, everyone thinks that I still enjoy staying here and working every hour of every day. But my priorities have changed.

"Have you checked up on Ada?" He asks suddenly, I swallowed any guilt I felt about my earlier thoughts, clearing my throat audibly.

"No, I haven't." But now I want to. "If she needs anything, she'll call."

He tilted his head, "Okay then."

I observed his suggestive tone, "Why do you ask?"

Dave shrugged, "You seemed to see her a lot when she was in the hospital, that's all."

"Everyone did, I was just playing my part at being a supportive friend in a time of difficultly." I tried to save myself from leaking any of my actual thoughts about Ada, but Rossi has been in the profiling business for longer than me, it's most probably naïve to think I can get away with this.

"Of course, supportive friend. I will just remind you about certain policies which have been implemented within the BAU, due to yours truly. Be careful, Aaron." Dave spoke as he walked to the door, before turning around again, "Also, if anything bad happens between you two supportive friends, in particular, if Ada is hurt in the process, we have the contacts to make it look like an accident."