𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑: 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐞

TW: weapons, gore

TW: weapons, gore

I had directed Hotch to the old train station, it was one of those places that anyone who grew up in the area knew about. The place where kids would hand out after school, get drunk and throw parties, have their first kisses; all the fun, stupid things you do when you 15.

To my knowledge, it was still 'that' place, but it had migrated more towards the selling drugs aspect, rather than being the home of budding high school romances.

Hotch parked the car around the corner from the entrance, wanting to make as stealthy an entrance as possible, although, I was slightly concerned about the time- according to Sam, we didn't have long to save my brother. This whole ordeal was strange to me, I would never have thought I would be in this position, I mean I doubt anyone thinks that things like this will happen to them, but the fact that my 18-year-old brother might just die, just like that, dead. Now that was a notion I wasn't particularly fond of, and I hoped for the life of me that I wouldn't have to experience ever again.

"How do you want to approach this?" I asked Hotch as we got out of the car, pulling out our guns as a chilly wind passed by us.

"We approach it the same as we would for a normal case." He responded, walking around the car to me, "I know that it'll be difficult. But you have to stay level-headed- don't look at Elijah, don't let emotions cloud your judgment."

"So, you want me to be like you? Moody and macho? An emotionless robot?" I teased, receiving a sour expression from him in return.

Not bothering to respond to my childish attempts to lighten the conversation, Hotch continued, "We will stay together, keep your eyes wide, if you see or hear something, give me a heads up."

"Got it, boss." I agreed, "Can we shoot? Will we get in trouble if we do?"

"Ada, we trump any police officer in terms of rank, we won't get in trouble. Shoot as a last resort, try to talk them down first."

"I've heard that one before." I muttered, "And you saw what happened."

Hotch looked at me sternly, "We shoot as last resort only. No arguments."

"Fine." I conceded, loading my gun as we began to walk towards the entrance to the abandoned train station.

Hotch's face was tense as he scanned the entrance to the station. Saying that, there wasn't much of a station left. Tall gates surrounded an ivy-covered ticket stand, the glass window smashed in. From what my Dad used to tell me, the station only had trains running from here, into Quantico city centre, therefore there was only one platform and a few rows of seats. Both of which had been graffitied and burned almost beyond recognition. The main square where kids would hang out was further away from the actual station, and on the outskirts of a small woods close by.

"I think I know where they'll be, shall I lead the way?" I questioned, brushing some strands of hair out of my face.

Hotch nodded, "Keep close to me."