𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖: 𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲

TW: smut (there may be grammar mistakes but ignore them please and thank you <3)

Ada's POV

As I leave the BAU, I quickly text Aaron. He will hopefully be detained for a short while so that I can speak with Emmy about the restraining order that we put against Louis, which just became official earlier today.

Getting into my car, I throw my bag on the passenger seat and begin the drive back home. Aaron wasn't lying about me living closer to the office, compared to his new house. However, it was still a bit of an inconvenience for him to stay at mine because he wouldn't have any of his clothes for the morning. A part of me is complimented by that though, it just means that whatever I'm serving to him must really be worth it.

Once I reach home, I open the front door and lock it behind me, then hang my coat up with the others. Taking a peek into the living room and kitchen, I conclude that they're all upstairs, which wouldn't surprise me as it's now bordering on 1 am.

Quickly running up the stairs, I cross the landing to Emmy's room, knocking a few times until I heard a soft come in from the other side.

Opening the door and peering inside, I see Emmy sitting up on her bed, scrolling through her phone. She looks up at me with a smile, "And she returns. How was work?"

I shrug as I walk in and sit on her bed, "It was fine, I guess, all days of work at the BAU are sort of horrific."

"I get that." She says, putting her phone down beside her, "So what's up?"

I shift so that I am sitting opposite her, "Right, I didn't tell you this before, because I didn't want to scare you, but the other week, I had a run-in with Louis"

"Louis? As in Colette's biological father?" She asks with slight panic in her eyes.

I nod, "But you don't have to worry, I called Aaron straight away and asked him to set up a restraining order, which has just come through today."

She bites the inside of her cheek for a few moments, "And that will stop him from coming back?"

I tilt my head with a sigh, "Well if he comes back, we can have the police called on him immediately and sent to prison. But I did give him quite a fair warning, I don't think he'll be coming back."

She breathes out heavily, "Okay, thank you, Ada."

I reach out to squeeze her hand, "You don't have to worry, I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

A buzz from my pocket made me shift to grab my phone, turning it on to see a text from Aaron.

Aaron Hotchner: I'm outside now. I didn't want to ring the bell in case I woke everyone up. Aaron.

I feel Emmy looming over me to see the message, so snatch the phone to my chest quickly. "Aaron's here?" She asks excitedly.

I shush her, "Yes, just, don't make a big deal out of it. It's just much harder for him to stay at his own place during cases because it's quite a journey to the offices, compared to here."