𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗: 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐲

TW: talk of self-harm, death, panic attacks (obviously everyone's panic attacks are different, I am just writing from personal experiences in terms of symptoms and what helps to relieve them, don't let this invalidate your own experiences

TW: talk of self-harm, death, panic attacks (obviously everyone's panic attacks are different, I am just writing from personal experiences in terms of symptoms and what helps to relieve them, don't let this invalidate your own experiences.)

I thought I would hit the ground, that I would feel pain ricocheting throughout my body in waves of agony; but I didn't, what I hit bounced upwards, cushioning my fall. I couldn't pinpoint any voices over my coughs for air, there was so much going on, so many people. Looking up, I could see the ravaging flames of the fire leaking through the window where I just stood, the searing heat still palpable.

"Agent, ma'am can you hear me?" Someone asked, I looked to find the voice, seeing Sheriff Taylor gazing down at me, "Someone get a medic!" He shouted out.

Flicking my eyes to what had caught my fall, I laid on a large, cushioned crashmat which you always see in films. To be honest, I'm just glad that I didn't fall into a human being, or a bush, either of them would be way too embarrassing for my ego.

"I'm okay," I spoke through a croak, clearing my throat, I repeated clearer, pushing myself up to sit, "I'm okay."

"Agent, you have inhaled a lot of smoke," Someone else said, "We need you to come and get checked out."

Of course, it's my luck that the house which I get sent to is the one with the fire, whichever sadistic teenager is controlling my Sim needs to get a life.

I focused on my surroundings, I was in the front garden of the house, ambulances and fire engines paraded the street, and police attempted to settle the neighbours. I didn't see any FBI vans or SUVs, so I presumed that the rest of the team hadn't been notified of- wait, Aaron.

"Where's Agent Hotchner?" I called out frantically, standing up unsteadily, "The other Agent who was in there with me, has he come out?"

No one listened to me. Jumping off of the crashmat, I got in the face of the Sheriff, "Agent Hotchner," I spoke slowly, "Where is he? Has he come out?"

The Sheriff looked down, "Agent Hotchner is still inside ma'am, it's currently too dangerous for us to go in, you're lucky you managed to get out yourself because I wasn't going to send any men in."

"You son of a bitch," I snarled, "You can't leave him inside! Let me go in, let me go in." I pushed past the Sheriff, him grabbing onto my arm tightly and pulling me back.

"Ma'am we cannot let you inside," He told me, not removing his grip, "We have orders."

"I don't give a fuck about your orders," I yelled, prying his hand off of me and pushing past the rest of the men congregating around me, "I will not let someone else I love die in a fucking fire."

I reached the front door, shoving it open with my shoulder and crashing inside, the heat was excruciating, the smoke almost completely swamped my vision as I searched, the bang of collapsing walls echoing around me.