𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏: 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡

Ada's POV

Ada's POV

"Are you really getting changed into another suit?" I ask as I observe Aaron get dressed from the hotel bed, where I collapsed after brushing my teeth.

"What else would I wear to work?" He questions as he buttons up his shirt.

"You're not going to work though, we're going home you numpty." I laugh, standing up, "Can you pass me the bag of clothes I bought up?"

He reaches down to grab the bag, throwing it over to me. I catch it easily, putting it on the bed and searching through it to find something comfortable to wear on the plane back. I walk over to the mirror as I get changed, Aaron coming up behind me and watching.

"I love watching you get dressed," He says, his eyes not leaving me as he steps forward and wraps his arms around my now bare stomach, whispering in my ear, "Almost as much as I love watching you get undressed."

I lean back into his hold with a smile, "I will need to go back to my room before the team wakes up, we don't want to risk getting caught."

"I know." He mumbles against my hair, "I'm coming back to your house afterwards, but take our own cars, okay?"

I nod, Aaron letting go of me so I can carry on getting changed, "Are you okay going back home after everything which has happened?" He asks me.

I stop for a moment, turning around to face him, "I think so." I answer, "Even though everything which happened yesterday was horrific, I think in a way it helped me find some kind of closure, and talking about it helped as well."

"That makes sense," He responds, grabbing a tie from his bag, "Are you going to tell Emmy and Elijah about everything? About how you're feeling?"

"No," I reply at once, "They had both dealt with everything themselves as they grew up, I don't want to add more trauma onto their plate by telling them that their sister almost died the same way their dad did."

He nods as I walk over to him, taking the tie out of his hands and wrapping it around his neck. I feel Aaron's eyes on me as I loop the fabric, securing it under his collar and pulling it tight. I hold onto the tie, using it as leverage to pull him down slightly and place a long, closed-mouth kiss on his lips before pulling away, patting his chest as I continue to get changed.

"Right, I'll see you in about 15 minutes," I call to Aaron, who was brushing his teeth in the ensuite, a few moments later. I grab my bag and open the door to his room, stepping out and closing it behind me, before turning to walk down the dimly lit corridor.

"Ada?"

I stop in my tracks at the voice, slowly turning around and taking a deep breath, "Hi Emily."

She stands outside her room, a smile on her face as she looks from me to Aaron's room, "I was right!" She shouts, pointing at me with wide eyes.

I clear my throat, "Err r ight about what?" I stutter out, not looking her in the eye.