89

Shen Tingwei had already started to prepare lunch, and moved briskly in front of the dining table, humming the episode of the movie and TV drama that was playing on the TV in a low voice.

Several brightly colored plates were neatly placed on the kitchen table, the processed ingredients were lined up, the soup was stewed on the fire, and the rich fragrance wafted out of the whole space.

Shen Ting went downstairs without noticing Lian Jue, turned on the other side of the gas stove with his back to him, put a spoonful of olive oil in the frying pan, turned around to get the diced carrots while the oil was hot, and then noticed that standing Lianjue at the entrance of the stairs.

Lian Jue changed into less formal clothes, and her hair was briefly groomed, but it was not combed as usual. The black shirt that was well-pressed and fit brought out his tall and straight figure, and the buttons were not tied to the neckline, which reduced the innate coldness of his body a bit.

Shen Tingwei rarely saw Lian Jue dressed up like this, and he was stunned for a while, only to realize that Lian Jue was also looking at him.

The lighting in the dining and kitchen area is really good. At noon, the abundant sunlight spreads in evenly from the entire glass wall, and Shen Ting's unsmoothed hair is dyed into a warm-looking golden color.

The house is very big, the air-conditioning is not very low, and the temperature is at a temperature that makes people not feel too cold and just feels the sun.

The oil on the fire is slowly heating up, making a low sizzling sound. The TV drama shows the scene where the hero and heroine reunite after a long absence. The lines of you and me are bluntly integrated into the scene in front of you, but it is just right. All kinds of things came together, and Jiāo weaved a firework atmosphere that Lian Jue had almost never experienced.

Shen Tingwei still remembered what made Lian Jue angry and tried to make up for it with the method he just thought of.

He blinked and looked at Lian Jue.

Shen Tingwei had never invited Lian Jue to share a meal, so Shen Tingwei slightly bent his eyes in order to suppress his nervousness, and asked him with a smile, "I'm making lunch, do you want to stay and eat together?"

Lian Jue didn't speak, and across the partition between the living room and the dining and kitchen area with the bar counter, looked at Shen Tingwei's eyes filled with light, as if filled with expectation.

Probably because he didn't answer for too long, Shen Tingwei had to call him again.

He just woke up like a dream, followed by an indescribable emotion.

He started to feel bad. From the picture in front of him to the smell in the air, he contradicted everything in front of him like a condition, and every second he stood here made him feel tormented and uncomfortable.

Lian Jue's face became visibly ugly. Shen Ting didn't think that he was still dissatisfied with the previous things, and felt at a loss. He turned off the fire, looked at Lian Jue crampedly, and explained, "...Mr. Lian, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to."

Lian Jue didn't understand why he suddenly apologized, but at this moment, a strong thought came into his heart that he had never had before. He just wanted to leave quickly—even to "escape" a scene that didn't belong to him.

Shen Ting didn't see his dark face, he left in a hurry, and stood there for a long time at a loss for what to do.

Just leaning on his shoulder...does he really hate me that much?

After temporarily dealing with the matter at hand, it was already dark when I looked up again.

Lin Chen put away the documents on the table. Seeing that Lianjue didn't move, remembering that he hadn't left the company for several days, he hesitated again and again, but persuaded him, "Mr. Lian, it's been a long time since you went back to see the young master. , young master, he... misses you a lot, why don't you go back tonight."

Lian Jue seemed to be reminded by him, rubbed his eyebrows, and asked, "What date is it today?"

"August 6th." Lin Chen guessed what he was going to ask, and then said, "Little Master's study held the final exam at the end of last month, and the school held a parents' meeting on the day of returning to school. When the young master called, you were talking to Mr. Alex's video call is from the aunt at home."

Lian Jue was not impressed by the parent-teacher meeting he mentioned, nodded, and asked, "What time is the summer camp?"

"Wait." Lin Chen took out his mobile phone and checked the record book, and said to Lian Jue, "August 8th, the day after tomorrow."

Lian Jue said that he knew it, and then asked Lin Chen to buy the items needed for the summer camp, and Lin Chen recorded them one by one.

As soon as the car entered the courtyard of the urban villa, the gate opened.

Lian Jue got out of the car and saw Kang Tong running out in a hurry. Auntie called out from behind, "Slow down, don't run so fast just after dinner."

He probably ran out when he heard the sound of the car. Kang Tong's face was a little red and his breathing was short. He stood a few steps on the steps, his face couldn't hide his excitement, and he shouted loudly: "Dad!"

"Yeah." Lian Jue walked over, Kang Tong hugged his leg and said happily, "Dad, you're back!"

Lian Jue's body was not very obvious for a moment. Although he had adopted Kang Tong for nearly two years and had hugged Kang Tong when he was sick or fell asleep, he was obviously not used to such intimacy.

After a while, he touched Kang Tong's head, then took a small step back invisibly and asked, "What's for dinner?"

Children's attention is easily distracted, Kang Tong thought for a while, and replied obediently: "Beef, egg custard, mashed potatoes..." When he followed Lian Jue into the house, he thought, "Oh yes, and broccoli."

He was also very excited about the unexpected surprise of his return home, and even when he sat down for dinner, he sat next to him and chatted about what new things he had encountered these days.