#17 - impulses n complications

The two of you scrambled to get each others' number after you had apologised for their loss, to which he brushed it off. Both of you didn't really feel like being distanced again for years and instead caught up on your ridiculous moments, one of which was when you guys first met. If it wasn't for the girl with the braids that was talking shit about Tendou, you don't think you two would have been best friends. That was a lie, you would've been friends nonetheless.

It was an odd summer afternoon when you decided to tug at her braid. You didn't know what had come over you, to be honest, it was a completely impulsive decision. Tendou had never given you any reason to dislike him, in fact, you liked him. He let you have space in the sandpit that he was previously playing in.

"You didn't have to do that you know."

"I know."

"Wanna play volleyball?"

"Okay, never played it before, though."

And with that, he grabbed your wrist and led you to the volleyball net in the distance.

Back again in the present, you were wondering the halls, trying to find a vending machine. A snack would be wonderful right now. You'd love to talk to Satori more, but turns out his coach was kinda strict, so you let him go back over to his team; not before giving you another hug.

You saw his teammates rush to get answers from him when he went back over as he hushed them and waved his hands to get them to turn their attention back to their coach. It was a funny sight.

You had enough cash to get some snacks for a few other people on the team who didn't have any, and you would share some of yours with Shoyo - who of which mentioned that Kuroo and Kenma had come to watch the match too, considering they were friends of you guys.

So therefore, you were keeping an eye out. What you hadn't expected to see was Toru Oikawa lightly jogging round the corner, eyes wide and a distressed look on his face as he slowed down his pace. He shoved his hands in his pockets and straightened his posture, taking longer strides and walking as fast as he could.

As the two of you made eye contact, his face looked a tad less distressed, but still agitated. The distance between the two of you got shorter and the blaring sounds of teenage girls got louder until they were no longer concealed by the corner wall.

Seconds before they took in the sights of their favourite volleyball player, a large hand found itself around the back of your neck, tangling with a few of your hairs and pushed you towards the nearby wall.

"I apologise in advance."

And with those words, lips met your flavoured chapstick covered ones. I mean, you had no reason not to kiss him back, and finally realising the context of the situation with the sounds of distressed girls in the distance you laced your fingers into his hair. It was soft. Obviously. You bought him the conditioner that had saved your life.

*click*

*click*

"Oh my god.."

"You're kidding!"

"Shh! Let's go, go back!"

Toru moved his lips against yours once more before turning you so that his back was facing where the girls once were, finally pulling away from you.

"You're a good kisser."

"Dude."

The middle blocker had turned back around by then, finally realising what had urged the girls to come back from where they came from. His heart dropped, ready to go home. Back to Tokyo.