❶❷

It was near, but you weren't sure how close it was.

You just hoped you would subconsciously know.

It's been a year since you've arrived, your cooking skills has become exquisite, and your a very talented cook now.

Your Okaasan has supported you throughout this year and you couldn't be more grateful, and honestly you didn't want to leave.

But you needed to save others.

You know you should tell her, tell her something at least. but, you just couldn't bring yourself to.

You wanted to enjoy these days with her before it happened, before he struck.

Everything must come to end, to start new beginnings.

You knew this, so, that led you to where you were now.

Sitting across of your dear Okaasan, you sat there looking down at your lap, you gripped the kimono you were wearing as tears almost escaped your eyes.

"Okaasan, something big is going to happen, and I meed you to understand."

She looked at you, her sunken eyes holding so much concern, it made your heart ache, oh so much.

"Okaasan, I'm going to become a demon slayer, okay? I'm going to go through training and protect others"

Her mouth was opening and closing, like she was trying to find the right words, yet nothing came out.

"Please okaasan, please understand where I'm coming from, i know none of this makes sense, but I need you to understand."

You finally looked up at her, into her teary eyes, she opened her mouth again, but this time, something came out.

"Y/n, I understand, I have no idea what you're hiding, but I trust you. I love you, dear. I always will, if you think that become a slayer is your calling, then I completely understand."

"Ok-okaasan- thank you! I'm going to miss you so much, I love you!"

You were sobbing and clinging on to the sweet woman.

Just like how you met.

She hugged you tightly and you did the same.

"Okaaasannn I'm going to miss you so much" you dragged out

"I'm going to miss you too dear, remember to write to me okay?"

You nodded, hiccuping from your prior cries.

☁︎

The day had come, you just knew you woke up with such a dreadful feeling.

You almost threw up, you felt so weighed down and anxious.

Your Okaasan had noticed and she remember the conversation you two had.

"Dear? Are you ready?"

"Not at all, but it's today. "

"Oh! Dear! " She ran over to you, hugging you tightly.

"I'm going to miss you so much dear! Hold on!"

She ran into her room and came back as fast as possible.

"Dear, take these earrings to remember me, okay?"

"Okay, I will."

Examining what she gave you, it was a pair of earrings.

Drop down aquamarine earrings.