❶❻

Panting heavily, you ran as fast as you could to stay with the group.

You were in between the two, Tanjiro definitely would've passed you if he wasn't carrying Nezuko, and Urokodaki was surely not going as fast as he could.

'run y/nnn come on, momma didn't raise a bitch, im not giving up before we even start!'

A sudden boost of energy washed over you and you were nearly 4 feet away from Urokodaki.

He gave a slight glance towards you when you approached him.

You gave a soft laugh and a smirk, but obviously, he sped up more.

'I fucking knew it'

You suddenly remembered your certain burgundy friend, and you looked behind you.

He was panting and sweating, you'd feel worse if he didn't look so visually appealing, but you slowed your pace and so did Urokodaki, keeping his distance.

"You okay?" you whispered to Tanjiro, barely loud enough to be heard over the loud steps he took.

"*pant* I'm fine y/n, I have to do this for Nezuko!"

'coulda said me would've made me feel better, but whatever ig'

"Yeah, for Nezuko. " You said then looked back ahead of yourself.

You steadied your pace to match Tanjiros and let your mind wonder while you ran

'will this ever end? I'm so tired, and I still need to climb down a mountain, booo! '

"*pant* D-did we pass? "

'oh we're here, i didn't even notice'

"The test begins now, descend this mountain before daybreak"

"noo, you suck!"

He stared at you

"oh, i didn't mean to say that out loud"

He just slowly turned his head back, and spoke

"Good luck"

Then he vanished, oooo spooky

"Don't worry y/n! I can smell his scent"

You just hummed and he grabbed your hand.

"Don't kill me, Tanjiro"

He gave a slight confused smile and the he ran down with your hand in his

When the first trap came along, you yanked your hand, forcing Tanjiro backwards

"Woah- Y/n!- huh? you..saved me?"

"Well duh, I'm not going to let you get hurt if I know the traps are there"

"So there's more huh, thank you Y/n"

"Yeah, it's whatever, now sniff him or something again" you spoke with a stupid smile

Locking your hands together once again, he ran down, but sniffing out any traps that he could.

You pulled him out of the line of fire for most traps, but you let him get roughed up a bit too, how else will he learn?

You always played it off as an accident, even though he never blamed you.

Jerking your hand away again, you watched as Tanjiro got absolutely totalled by a log.

You winced, but when you knew he was fine, you snorted.

"pff- hehe- ar-are you okay? " you tried to keep in your laughter, but Tanjiro noticed and gave a small smile, at least you were having fun

You pulled him up by his wrist and gave him a light punch and muttered a playful insult.

After a few more hits and giggles, you both finally made it down the mountain and made it to the small house.

Tanjiro slid open the door, and fell down

"I- made it.. " then he passed out.

You just peeked your head from the side of the door.

You had a few cuts and bruises, but you weren't bloody and battered like Tanjiro, although it was way less worse - courtesy of you, of course.

"Hi. uh, he's sort of hurt or something" You said to the old man

"You're now both my students, Tanjiro Kamado, Y/n L/n"

Then he made some sort of grunt type noise, and picked up Tanjiro and took him into the same room as Nezuko.

You just sat down and watched his movements, he was obviously slightly uncomfortable with your staring eyes, but did that stop you?

You just stared intensely at him, rarely blinking.

You were interested in the way he cooked, how much could he cook? Is he a good cook? does he make sweets? does he-

You were interrupted from your thoughts when you heard movement, and you finally moved your eyes to the source of the sound.

"Oh, Tanjiro, you're awake, glad you didn't die. It would've been awkward to explain"

He gave a smile, not really processing your words, and sat next to you and Urokodaki set a bowl infront of both of you.

You gave a soft yay and a smile

Then you gave thanks for the food and ate slowly, you were so exhausted.

Who knew that doing extreme physical activities for hours on end could exhaust you so much!

You didn't know, clearly.

Urokodaki noticed your sluggish movements and pointed to a room.

"That's where you'll stay, Y/n"

You lifted your gaze to the room that he pointed at.

"*Yawn* my own room, cool. "

You set the empty bowl in front of you, then said a quick goodnight and went into the room.

It was a cozy room, like Tanjiro's and Nezuko's, but smaller since it was only you.

You went over to the futon and slightly loosened your clothing so that it was comfortable enough to sleep in.

You made a mental note to ask for clothing when you woke up, then you laid down and quickly fell into a deep, deep sleep.

☁︎
896 words