Chapter 17

Like and comment :) that would help !

Point of view Ashton Rex

I was in the control room, watching Alena's every movement. Ms. Rose was standing next to me, observing the experience too. Cameras were placed all around the Maze, besides the creature's den. That was the only place where cameras weren't presented.

I couldn't watch when I saw the creature snatch Blaze. He was still alive when I looked away but stared down at Ms. Rose. I knew it was her idea to bring him in and I was trying not to jump on her for making that silly mistake.

I was pacing down, when I saw Kaya arriving, in her nurse uniform. She seemed worried and kept and placed a hand on my shoulders.

- "What are you doing here?" I ask with disdain, still sour from how she had acted the other day, blaming me for the disease that was spreading across the world. People were dying, but I couldn't do anything about it.

- "I know I wasn't kind. I was only talking from a hurt place. Eli has been doing better lately." She explains. "I also care about you and Alena."

Her eyes showed her honesty. I nodded before looking back at the screen. Alena had gone into the creature's den. It was like a death sentence. No one ever gets out of that.

I hit the wall, leaving a hole where my fist had been a few seconds earlier. People gaped around me.

- "Ms. Rose let me go in there." I plead.

I knew her answer. She didn't even dare to look at me. She didn't respond but Lilith did as she entered the control room.

- "We do not intervene with the process." She explains while approaching the screens. Lilith's blue hair is out and falls on her back. Her snakes are intertwined in her hair and observes the room.

Kaya gaps as she points toward a corner of the room. A strange figurine approaches the creature's den. On the screen, it looks like an underground tunnel. When I was in the Maze, I had only observed the entryway. It was dark and gloomy. The plants turned brown there.

The strange figurine had a feminine appearance to it. She was dressed in a long black gown with a crown on her head. She only appeared on the screen for a few seconds before disappearing into the den.

- "What the hell is that?" I scream at Lilith. Nothing had been seen like this.

Lilith looked down onto her palms as if she was receiving another message from the stars.

- "The Maze... We still don't understand many things from it. It was here before our kind even roams the earth." She whispered. "I do not know who she is."

Lilith was supposed to know every detail of our kind. I was freaking out. Alena and Blaze had disappeared, and I had to do something about it. This ball in my stomach made me sick knowing something could have happened to them.

On the other screen, I watched as Noah and Thomas were arguing. The control room didn't give us any sound which frustrated me even more, but I could tell by their body language. If they made it out alive, I promised myself that I would beat both up, as they didn't save her.

I was surprised to see Noah had won the argument as they were following the footsteps of the creature. I still wasn't reassured about the whole situation. I still wanted to go in.

- "Let me go and save her." I implore while putting my hands in my hair as I felt my heartbeat speeding up. Every second I didn't see her, I started feeling worst.

I reached into my pocket. I had always kept the necklace with me. Every time I felt stressed, I played with the chain. It reminded me of her.

Taking her necklace off, made our bond stronger. I could finally be connected to her in the way we were destined to be. Even though I could feel in my bones that she wasn't dead, I couldn't stop stressing out.

Lilith looked at me with caring and sorrowful eyes. "We can't break protocol." She said while everyone in the room looked at me with incomprehension. No one understood why I was acting this way.

It was some sort of mutual understanding among us that we weren't going to reveal our secret to the world. It was too big of a secret. It would destroy my reputation. It would give my enemies my weakness. I had built this strong image of me. People knew me from the name Chaos and I wasn't ready for that to change.

When people completed the bond, people changed. They became romantic, and I pitied them. I didn't want to be infatuated or my life to change. I was too afraid to change.

However, I knew that Lilith's only weakness was prophesied. She would break protocol if she knew she was the key to saving people from dying all around the world.

- "L..." I was cut off immediately from Kaya. She was the only one who knew about us. She was the only one who knew our secret. However, she also hated me for being the cause for her loved one to hurt and she still decided to help me.

She nodded her head to tell me not to say anything. Even if Kaya was not from the Shadow Cast, but from Nallia, she still had a deep respect for her traditions. She knew if I intervened, soulmate or not, Alena would be humiliated. Not only in the Shadow Cast, but across campus.

However, I didn't care about reputation when it came to life or death situations. When I was about to speak, a spark came from the creature's den. I looked outside the window for a second to notice the sky had turned grey, it was raining, hard. Lighting crashed in the Maze. I felt the ground shaking.

Something was happening in the Maze. Flames, lighting, and a bunch of chaos were happening. The power was similar but not quite like mine. It was powerful, spectacular, intriguing. Unlike her, I never controlled the sky.

Then, a few seconds later, for the first time, the cameras went off. All of them. We were now blinded, unable to know what was happening inside the Maze.