Chapter 24

Chapter 24 - Disruption

Point of view Ashton

I had finally got the chance to catch up on the sleep that I was in desperate need of. Now, with all this energy back, I needed to go and let it out. I decided that the basketball court was the perfect place where I could use my energy to good use and where I wouldn't be bothered. This technique was suggested by many of my teachers to avoid losing control over my powers and causing an accident.

I was shooting at the net for an hour when I saw a feminine figure walking toward me. With my bad eyesight, I could distinguish that the girl was much taller than Alena. As I figured it wasn't the one, I wanted to be near me at that moment, I lost interest, and went back to my ball.

When she got closer, I could recognize my ex-girlfriend. I rolled my eyes when I saw Dysnomia coming toward me in her high red heels.

When she got close enough, I tried ignoring her. But the months I had spent with her taught me that there wasn't getting rid of her without a fight. Dysnomia was everything I now despised. Only her presence could make my blood boil. I watched her as she was chewing gum and twirled her multicolored hair in her fingers while looking at me with envy. Just the thought of kissing her made me nauseous now.

- "I needed to see you." She said while getting closer to me with her long dagger nails. The gap between us was only a few feet.

I took a few steps back while smiling back at her. "Right, me too." We wanted to see each other, but only this time for very different reasons. I had promised Alena that I would let the past go while she wanted to continue this toxic relationship. I only wanted to focus on the relationship with my soulmate. It was key to completing the prophecy and saving the lives of thousands of people.

Without thinking, she continued to come closer to me. I decided not to budge this time. I didn't want her to get to me, but she was incredibly successful at doing just that. "I think you've had enough time around the newbies, and it's time to please the ones that actually know what they are doing." She said while tilting her head and placing her nails at the exact same spot Alena had the other night.

I wanted to hurt her just for talking badly about the only one who made my heart beat harder and want me to become someone better than the one they knew as Chaos. I grew impatient from keeping this secret from the world. This would be the only information that would let her off my case.

I came closer enough to her ear to respond: "Darling, I'll never have enough time with my soulmate." She jumped back in shock from the revelation. Her mouth wouldn't close, and she kept shaking her head.

"That's impossible Ashton. You told everyone she was dead!" She screamed while waving her hands in the air. It was true. Like Nero, I had told everyone that my soulmate was dead. I had believed from a very young age that I wasn't worthy of love and for that reason, I wasn't granted a soulmate. Everyone at the school had believed I didn't have a soulmate. However, rumors started when the prophecy came out as everyone knew I had the mark of the moon.

Dysnomia was still in awe from the revelation. She continued holding on to my shirt. Sadly, Dysnomia still didn't understand that my temper was short, and I could fire up at any point.

- "You're an asshole!" She screamed while tapping against my chest. It took everything inside me to not squash her to the ground and make her disappear forever. She wouldn't stop hitting me and swearing at me. Before Sierra, I had never seen such an emotional breakdown for a breakup of a relationship that wasn't soulmates. She continued screaming: "You'll never be happy. She'll never be okay with you; a monster can't make an angel happy."

The last words hurt, way worse than any insult to my person. She could've said anything else but not that. I couldn't control myself. My fingers started heating up. I started to lose control. I could feel the air around me turning.

Dysnomia was too gone to notice the change in the environment. Therefore, we were so toxic to each other. We got the worst out of each other without noticing the consequences too late. I could feel my heart and brain slowly shutting down. It was a darker side that took control. A shadow that only could come out in the worst place.

Alena was the only reason I still lived. I couldn't even look myself in the mirror since the multiple incidences that had occurred. Dysnomia kept screaming. Her powers came out as well as the sky was turning dark. The thunderstorm was about to start. Lighting stroke a few feet from where I was standing. The thunder was loud and blasted my eyes while fire started to catch one and form a circle around the basketball court. Before she even realized it, she was trapped.

My powers didn't limit myself to simple fires. It brought the demons, the nightmares out to haunt them. Dysnomia started to relive the tragic accident that killed her parents in a car crash when she was only eight years old. A few cars got into a car accident in front of the Dysnomia car as they got mysteriously hit by lighting. Her father who was driving didn't have enough time to hit the brakes.

Dysnomia was on the ground. She was hurting, deeply. However, Dysnomia was saved. The fire was let out by the rain of the storm and the branches of a tree took her out of my control that was haunting her. Willow appeared and protected Dysnomia.

- "You better leave me alone now!" I screamed as she was running away.

I fell to the ground. The demon that took control over me had left me exhausted. Willow stood in front of me with a compassionate look on her face.

- "You should understand how much that would have hurt when you saw my roommate last night." She explained.

Willow had gotten her colors back, but her words were still shaky, and not quite the ones she would have used when I had known her.

- "How did you know?" I asked while taking her hand.

As I took her hand, I felt the fragile skin and the bones that could be felt through the thin layer of her skin. On her face, I could see little scars that were partly concealed by a layer of makeup. I looked away, still ashamed that she saw me lose control.

- "I went to see Sierra. Nero was standing at the door. He was crying. I could feel the heartbreak. I didn't have to ask him. I knew because of our bond. It was enough for me to run away. He chased after me and is taking care of me now." She said while looking down at me.

Willow had the power of compassion and controlling parts of nature.

- "He could leave me for her. I know it. I understand what you're feeling when you look at Alena." She whispered.