Chapter 22

Chapter 22 - A sky filled of stars 

Point of view Ashton

Alena grabbed my hand and followed me threw the hallways of our dorm. She had sparkly glitter in her hair. Her skin was slightly glimmering from sweat. She had probably danced the whole night while I was comforting her roommate. It was too soon to bring the subject up, but I was sure she already knew what she had done by bringing Willow back.

I continued to stare at my soulmate. Even though her make-up and hair had been slightly messed up from the night's adventures, I couldn't get my eyes off her. I loved her tattoo. It represented her perfectly, her tight bond with Blaze. Blaze didn't follow us, and I thanked him mentally for giving us this privacy.

Soulmates were the weird phenomenon of meeting another you in another person. As I got to know Alena, our similarities became striking to me.

I loved the idea that Alena had gotten her tattoo. It showed that she made it in the Cast and was worthy of upper-level students to acknowledge her presence. Also, she started matching my skin filled with different tattoos.

I walked her to the last floor, which had a metal trap where you could take down a long latter to go on the roof of our dorm. I grabbed a few soft blankets I had placed in the attic earlier and held on to the ladder while I guided Alena's hand towards the cold metal bar. I wanted to be there in case she fell.

She climbed onto the ladder as I followed her. Once on the roof, I placed blankets near the chimney to rest our backs against it. I sat down against the chimney while she followed me by putting her petite body in between my legs. The sun was long gone by now, and the stars shone in the sky. I started playing with her hair and turned on some music on my phone.

Alena was still a bit tipsy, but for the first time since she escaped the Maze, I could feel her relaxed. I held on tight to her while tears were forming in my eyes. I was strong enough and used to hold them back. The emotions of the last three days came surging up. I couldn't stop thinking about this girl, and the possibility of losing her was so frightening.

The music filled the silence. I loved the feeling of being able to be silent with Alena. This wasn't the case with Dysnomia. She couldn't stay still or quiet for more than a few seconds. Even when I thought she had run out of things to talk about, she would find something or someone to gossip about. I never felt at ease with Dysnomia, and I rarely thought about her when I was away from her.

This was completely different. However, I wanted to tell Alena about this place and what it represented for me.

- "I know we are from the Shadow Cast, and we don't usually take time to appreciate beauty, but I thought this was the right time to do so." I say while pointing at the night sky.

Hellia University was a safeguard for our kind. It was built and protected to be in the middle of nowhere, which means we didn't have noise or light pollution, which ruined our current planet. The sky was clear enough for the Star Cast to be able to practice their craft. One of the world's clearest skies made it hard for the Star Cast members to want to move.

- "What was your Maze like?" She asked while running her fingers along my arm, creating a tingly feeling.

I thought about her question, which was considered quite rude in our dorm. If it were anyone else but her, I would have shut down the question with a nasty remark, but as her eyes looked up with interest, I caved.

I wanted to choose my words wisely, so I thought about it for a while. "I got out of there in a day and a half. I was the first one out. The night I stayed; I fell asleep in a den after killing one of the monsters. However, I barely slept. It was awful hearing people scream all night long. They were being eaten alive by those monsters, and there wasn't anything I could do about it."

I took a deep breath. Those memories flashed by my eyes with such anger. I felt my hands burning up as I was ready to fire up at any moment. Alena could feel me tense up and held my hands closer to her. I know this wasn't comfortable for her. The heat coming out of my hands could burn any human. She held on to calm me. It helped.

- "The worst moment was staying in the lighthouse and waiting. Dysnomia was the second to come out; we waited together. We were together in chaos; that's where our relationship came out. Us being terrified of learning about the death of another one of our peers."

I could feel the distance that she created when my girlfriend's name, now ex-girlfriend, came out of my mouth.

- "All of us came out in three days. Me, Dysnomia, Sierra, Tim, and Lea are our respective roommates, plus, more upper classmates that you don't know. Our respective roommates. We waited for four more days to wait for Willow. We haven't received the notification to know she was dead, but the Maze closes on the seventh day. We came back with the highest death rate. Partying after a dozen young adults were killed wasn't for me. I left after my tattoo."

I showed the tattoo on my tight. It was a tattoo of a dragon wrapping around my leg. Like Alena's, it had a few gold scales, the artistic touch of Alec. I threw my head up, against the brick. The cold contrasted with the warmth of my soulmate's body. I couldn't believe this all happened a year ago. I couldn't believe this person, who I feared would not come back, brought back someone alive. Something for sure is that I underestimated her powers.

She turned around and held my cheek while placing her hand behind my neck. Her kiss gave me fresh air. I haven't realized it, but this is exactly what I was craving, and needed. She continued kissing me while I placed one of her hands on her right hip and the other one on her throat to slightly squeeze and control every movement of this passionate kiss.

Everything started moving so quickly, she started moving her body against me. It felt so good to have her against me. I wanted her closer to me, I wanted to discover each part of her body and trace it with my lips. I wanted to see her, her body, and who she really was under her clothes. Most importantly, I wanted to please my soulmate. It made me hard just thinking about pleasuring my soulmate. Our connection would fuse, making it more powerful than ever.

She held on to the chimney, while I sucked on her skin, leaving marks on her skin. I'll show to people that she's mine.

Right when I was tugging at her shirt, I felt her move away from me. I growled of discontent, but she wasn't budging. She looked me straight in the eyes and with total confidence, she said: "Get your shit to straighten out with Dysnomia before you could have me. I don't like to share either."

Before I could even react, she lifted herself off of me and left me there with a boner in my jeans, and a feeling that I have been played. However, I couldn't stop smiling. Alena was changing, she was not the shy girl that I had met only a few weeks ago.