Chapter 36

Chapter 36 - Feeling the heat

Point of view Ashton Rex

Nikita drove the whole way to the apartment in the city without a word. He left me alone and turned the music up during the way. That's all I need right now, music to forget what I had just done. 

Nikita never said a word. He was never the one to judge. He mislead and ghosted girls every week. This wasn't new to him at all. 

As soon as I got into the apartment, I threw my bags in the side of my room with the intention of dealing with it later. It stripped down completely. I wanted to erase all memories of this day. I couldn't believe only a few moments earlier, I was standing in front of the love of my life and she wearing the most beautiful dress. We kissed and sealed our bond. And somehow, I still believed that together we would create more chaos. I was being stupid. 

I wrapped my naked body into a towel I grabbed from the closet and walked out towards the kitchen. My best friend and roommate was nowhere in site. With no trace of his presence, I guessed that he had left the apartment for a bit. It was probably for the best.  

I poured a glass of whiskey from our mini bar that was in the living room and turned on the TV. Nikita and I had access to the secret station of the natural world which talked about the news that really mattered. 

The news talked about the wedding. However, our identities were not relieved as they were protected by the Institution. Then, the reporter went into the hospitals. Thousands of people around the world were being "miraculous" healed. People that were on the verge of death were back to health in a matter of minutes after the wedding was completed. 

Then, the news showed the darker side of the matter. The cemeteries that started to flood and the excuses they used to not alert the humans. They called it some kind of infectious disease. I turned the TV off when I was sick of hearing about the numbers of people that died because two people were too stubborn and scared to make a life commitment sooner. 

I downed my glass of alcohol. I was almost tempted to fill it up again. I wouldn't have if Alena was around, but she wasn't so I did it. I threw the glass against the wall and decided to just take the bottle with me. I walked to the bathroom while drinking straight from the bottle. 

After a quarter bottle gone, I went into the bathroom and played music from the loud speakers. The turned the volume all the way up. I needed to enhance things around me to forget the serious hole that I felt in my heart. 

I turned on the steaming hot shower and dropped my towel on the ground. When I finally felt the shower against my skin, I took a deep breath. I was shaking my head back and forth to the sound of the music. 

All of a sudden, I stopped and gulped for air again.  All of a sudden, I felt her presence. It was like I had feeling the passion all over again from the first day I met her. I started smelling her surroundings, feeling what she was feeling. Even though we were hundreds of miles away, I knew she was in the bathroom somewhere in her hometown. She was also drunk and not thinking clearly. How was she drunk? I didn't imagine she would be doing that right now. 

Somehow, our lives intertwined again. The bond connected us. Our souls were now linked and operating simultaneously. We were both tipsy, broken, but also a bit horny. 

Anger started flooding throw my blood when I felt that she was not alone. I could hear the loud music from the bathroom and I could sense parts of a conversation. I could guess that she was at a party. 

Fuck. 

I closed my eyes and concentrated. She wasn't alone in the bathroom. I could feel a presence. Her eyes were closed too. Our bond was so strong that I could open my eyes, and see what she was seeing. She was facing a large mirror, and a man was facing her. The same one in her dreams. He was back to her and his hands was on her hips. 

My anger got so bad that I hit the wall and lost my connection with her. I couldn't feel her around anymore. I was back into my shower. I hit the wall, leaving a slight dent into the stones of my shower. Nikita was going to kill me. 

I closed my eyes again. I could feel her arousal. I wanted to be the only one to make her feel that way. I could hear her calling my name that echoed in my head. 

"I'm the only one that can make you feel good." I whispered. 

Alena shook her head with a smile on her face. A smile that could scare anyone. It was an evil smile. The ones that I used to do when I was so hurt, I wanted to hurt back. 

She turned towards the guy at the party and kissed him. I could feel the feeling on my lips. 

"You're wrong. Watch me." She said to me. 

I had the intense mixture of excitement and pure rage that got into my body. 

"You're playing a dangerous game, darling." I said while I started to touch myself in the shower.