Chapter 37

Chapter 37 - Souls ache 

Point of view Alena Underwood 

My souls was aching from the inside. I realized I couldn't take another heartbreak. I had lost Justice, and Ashton. It was all too much for me. I had no longer feelings in the machine that was supposed to control my emotions. Ash had slept with me, made me fall in love with him, just to leave. He had left and turned off his phone. I tried calling him a few times, but no response. 

I was standing in front of the door that led into the party that Justice had invited me in. I could hear the bass and the walls shaking from the inside. This was a common summer party in this town. People drank until they couldn't walk, and all disappeared once the host kicked them out when the first beams of light were seen in the sky. 

Justice had invited me to the party before leaving. I could feel his entire being shaking from seeing me again. I had no matter interfering into his human life. I always knew we weren't destined to be together but maybe for one night... 

I had done my make up and put Turtle away for the night. Uncle Jay had passed out on the couch, a beer in his left hand. My heart ached a little more to see him like that. He had dedicated his life to raise his sister's daughters and had put everything into his businesses. 

I finally took the courage to open the front door to enter into the party. I immediately looked for my favorite place in a party. The kitchen where I would find something to drink. I needed something strong. My necklace which initially protected me from my soulmate was wearing off. The bond was too strong and sometimes I felt inches of his presence. Alcohol was known to appease this. That's why my mom's last few months were a complete mess where Uncle Jay had to intervene and babysit for me because mom was "sick." 

I found the hard liquor I mixed with soda and waved too a few people I grew up with. They were all bragging about the schools they went to and smiled when I talked about mine. No humans had ever heard about Hellia University. I swallowed a few drinks before even being able to talk to anyone. 

I finally saw Justice in the corner of the room. He was popular because of his insane talents for surfing. He was also incredibly sweet so people were naturally drawn to him. 

I started to get anxious in the ocean of drunk people that were packed into this small beach house. The music was loud, way too loud. I had forgotten that humans didn't have as sensitive ears as supernatural beings. 

I missed the parties of Hellia University where the parties were designed around our abilities. The parties where you could drink that special potion and changed into our one true self. The parties where you discovered who people truly were. At one of those parties was Ashton and I first kiss. 

I decided to head towards the bathroom. It didn't take me long to find it. I had to wait for the person to get out. I started knocking on the door. A few minutes later, a drunk girl who could barely walk stumbled out of the bathroom. I stormed into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. 

I turned the water on and splash cold water on my face. I looked into the mirror where I could see that my eyes were shimmering in a color that wasn't human. I started staring at the towel. In total panic mode, I stood there. It wasn't until the flames slowly were burning the towel that I splashed towel on it. 

Thankfully, there were no fire alarms in the bathroom. I looked around the small bathroom. I could feel Ashes' presence but I knew he wasn't the one that put that fire. 

Was it possible that completing the bond gave me some of his powers? 

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. 

"It's Justice. Let me in." I heard across the door. 

I didn't hesitate to let him in. Justice always had a calming presence. I opened the door and he immediately looked at me with his worried blue eyes. I missed Ashton's shade of brown in his eyes. 

He giggled at the burnt towel. "I swear, people are crazy at parties." 

"Couldn't be me." I wanted to say, but instead, I just laughed with him. 

Justice bent down and gave me a kiss on the forehead. He reminded me of all old times when we used to be so happy together. I missed the simplicity of our connection. Everything felt safe, and I was genuinely happy. 

However, it doesn't compare to what Ash and I have, or even had... When I look at Ash, my whole world turns upside down. Even hell turns upside down. He makes my heart beat faster, and the desire to create something with him is so strong. His gestures and past are so beautiful and unique to him. He belongs to me. 

Justice had a few drinks too. I could smell the liquor from his mouth. That's when I noticed that we were both drunk. 

"Let's enjoy tonight." Justice said into my ear. Deep down, I felt like he knew that this wasn't going to last. That the past was better to be left behind. 

My heart was broken and the comfort of an old lover felt like the response. I started to get aroused when Justice placed his hands on my hips and turned me around to face the mirror. Justice wanted to show me what he could do to me. 

It was when I was staring into the mirror that I felt Ash's presence. I could feel his surrounding. The warmth of water crashing on someone's skin. The smell of body wash that made my head turn. It was a smell that I was already missing. 

Justice was kissing me when he finally reached down towards my left hand and noticed the ring on the finger that showed that I was married. 

"What the fuck is this?" He screamed out. 

I bowed my head down, unable to speak before Justice stormed out of the room.