Chapter 32

Chapter 32 - The white dress

Point of view Alena Underwood

I woke up with the sunlight emerging into my dorm room. I opened my eyes as I realized that Sierra, Willow, and even Kaya was there. Kaya wanted to support me for making the right decision. Once the ceremony was complete, her husband, Eli should be healed. Sierra was even holding Blaze who was wearing a white bow tie. He was adorable with his little smile. Everyone was thrilled with our choice to complete the ceremony.

They hurried me to put on clothes before heading to the Chapel. I couldn't believe this was happening so quickly.

Just like the first day of school, the Chapel memorized me. We came into a back door, which opened to a beautiful room with sofas, and champagne on the tables. In the corner of the room, I saw Uncle Jay and was so pleased to see him. I ran into his arm. Hugging him and smelling the same cologne he always wore reminded me of home.

He brought me to the imposing dress that was standing in the middle of the room. It was absolutely stunning. It was delicate with embroidery and had long, transparent sleeves.

"Your mom wore this at her ceremony." Uncle Jay commented while watching my expression as he himself appeared to be fighting back tears.

- "It's absolutely gorgeous." With these words, Uncle Jay was able to breathe again. I could feel that he was worried, as he always wanted this day to be perfect for me.

My heart shattered knowing that my mother wasn't going to see me get married. She should have been here for this great day. The day where my path of life was no longer going to be alone, but always with my soulmate on my side.

He handed me a letter which had delicate black ink with my name written on it. "She wrote this for you, for this special day." He commented. "We will leave you alone to read it." He looked at the three girls who were standing in the middle of the room.

"We're going to get ready. We will be back soon." Kaya said while leaving the room with my two other friends.

Uncle Jay placed a kiss on my forehead. He always did that to reassure me. He looked so handsome with his black suit and hair done. I was so happy that he learned about this day and was able to make it.

I sat down on the chair in front of the desk where makeup was laid all over the table. Everything was so well prepared. I wouldn't want to change a thing about this day. It was going to be perfect. I was excited to link my life with the one who had been stuck in my head for what seemed like ages.

I tore the letter open with a deep breath. I was getting ready for the emotions to flow out. I missed my mother terribly.

"My sweet little girl,

Today is one of the most beautiful days of your life. You have finally met the one and for that, I'm so proud of you. I remember those days very well. I'm guessing if you found the one, my necklace trick didn't work. I tried to avoid the sorrows of my life. A heartbreak does hurt, but I would do it all over again because I had you. Your father gave me the most beautiful little girl in the world. Don't be afraid of love but embrace it even when it comes to the storms of the Midwest.

Don't let the love go because it will kill you. I'll be watching from above. 

With Love, your mother, Jenna."

Tears started rolling down my cheeks. That's the exact moment Willow walked in. She hurried towards me and held me into her arms. Willow had changed much since I had last seen her. Her expressions and words were more fluid, and she had gotten colors into her pale skin.

"I'm so afraid he will leave as my dad did." I cry into her shoulder. "If he does, it will kill me," I whisper.

Willow caught on. She had survived the Maze, a whole year among the mysterious walls of a place where people constantly die every single year.

"I was separated from Nero for months." She started while her eyes stared at the stone walls. She got lost again when she looked back at the days when she wasn't herself. "Knowing we fell asleep under the same stars kept me alive." She continued while rubbing my back.

Her head tilted a bit and her eyes turned darker, towards a grey sky. It was spectacular. "The monsters kept me alive. They would feed me fish and would protect me." She continued right as the rest of my friends arrived.

They had all changed. Willow was wearing something very simple. The girls were all in black to honor the Shadow Cast. Uncle Jay was still nowhere in sight.

Willow, with her delicate hands, helped me get into the white dress I had always dreamt of. She zipped my back and turned me away from the mirrors. Sierra and Kaya both attacked my hair and make-up. They created curls into my dirty blond hair and put on fake lashes and blush.

After what felt like an eternity, they turned me around towards the mirrors where I could finally see myself. I could barely recognize myself. Everyone smiled and clapped, and even screamed a bit at how gorgeous I looked.

That's when Uncle Jay walked in. His jaw dropped, and a small tear roll down his face from the sight of the girl he raised so grown up now. He was going to step in as my father to walk me down the aisle. This was how it was always meant to be.

Once everything was ready, Sierra grabbed the little box which contained the silver ring that was picked out for Ashton.

"We'll meet you at the altar," Sierra said while taking the Willow and Kaya by the arm. I was so glad that Sierra and Willow had put their differences apart. They were roommates and friends before anything and that's all that mattered.

Right when Uncle Jay took me by the arm, a man with a black suit walked in. He had dirty blond hair, and light blue eyes that looked so familiar. He had facial hair which some strands were starting to turn grey. The man was wearing a black hat and walked in with such confidence.

Uncle Jay was taken aback and wrapped my arm tighter.

"Hi my beautiful daughter." The man said while Uncle Jay looked away in complete destress.