Chapter 26

Chapter 26 - The Demon came out

Point of View Alena Underwood

As I walked back to the Shadow Cast part of campus, I noticed the strange looks toward Blaze and me. I also noticed the marks that started appearing on the bodies of a few students. The sickness was among us. There was no denying it.

As the sickness was growing, so did my anger. My blood started to boil inside. Nero had warned me that the ceremony would take place. Ash and I would drink each other's blood under a full moon. Our souls will be tied together as one. They will torment us when we are apart, just as my mother was tormented when my father left.

Ash was an angel fallen from the sky. His kiss brought me comfort, but I wasn't a fool. I knew how dark his soul could get. And now, everyone would see how dark the mind could get.

As I walked into the dorm, Blaze followed me. His attention was focused on me. His teeth were out, and he wasn't afraid of showing them. It was awkwardly quiet when I went to the second floor, where Ashton was waiting for me, pacing through the hallway. His hair was messy; his eyes were wild. As if he knew that I was about to explode.

He felt it, too—the anger. Together, we were a bomb ready to explode. I wanted to walk straight past him to Dysnomia's room right behind him, but he didn't let me go through. He got a grip on my arm and wouldn't let me go.

I searched for Blaze's eyes, but he shook his head. Blaze couldn't hurt him. I was forced to look into Ashton's chocolate eyes. That look reminded me of the first time I met him in a prison cell. That's when I used to call him Chaos.

"I know what you are going to do. I have already dealt with it." He explains with a stern voice.

You could see our energy bouncing off each other. A simple spark and the whole thing would catch fire.

"You know we will be forced to complete our bond?" I spit at him. He breaks our eye contact. Almost ashamed. Perfect timing to break out of his grip and break down Dysnomia's room. Funny to think, a few weeks ago, I was afraid to just look at her. Today, I broke into her room. As soon as I laid eyes on her, she fell to the grown in pain while Blaze started biting her legs. It wasn't long until blood stained her perfectly cleaned carpet.

"You couldn't keep your mouth shut?" I asked without expecting an answer. Dysnomia lifted her head towards me with a sadistic smile on her face.

- "You think you can have him? He'll never be yours. He'll never belong to you." She raises her hands towards me. "When he can't stand your bond, Ash will return to me. You'll see."

Sometimes, it didn't matter how powerful you were. It didn't matter how much magic you used, burns, or fire you used. Words still could destroy someone. The fear of being rejected from the one destined to be mine was horrific. I called Blaze, who came back to my side. With tears in my eyes, I came towards Dysnomia, who was barely moving on the ground.

"If only you remembered him." I smiled at her while I touched her. I burnt her skin while I closed my eyes. When I opened them again, I felt weak and dizzy. She was bleeding out, but most importantly, I could tell that she was confused and disorientated. I had made her forget all memories that she ever shared with Ashton Rex. Her first love, her first boyfriend, her memories, all of them vanished.

It wasn't long before people started rushing into the room, but as soon as they got close to Blaze, they immediately began to fall to the ground from the pain that I was infringing. Ash lifted me. He was screaming and trying to bring me back, but I was too gone. My life had turned upside down. It kept me above his shoulder and walked me to the basement while I was still in a trance. I could still hear the screams from the cellar; I could feel the basement shaking. I could feel the air being sticky. I knew Blaze had run away into the forest. We both had lost control.

Ash threw me into a cell without any consideration for my person. He wasn't gentle, but still, when my skin was no longer in contact with his, I felt a huge void. His touch failed to calm me down, but it was still necessary for my survival. I needed his presence like I needed oxygen, and I couldn't even stand him.

"I told you I would take care of her, and I did." He tries to argue.

"And then, she went to Lilith and shared our secret," I respond to him, crossing my arms around my chest.

In a rage, he punched the wall above my head, causing my breath to stop. A gasp left my mouth, and a tear rolled down my cheek. It wasn't like I hadn't seen death or violence around here. His anger seemed to be pointed toward me, and I couldn't stomach it. After his punch, the cement did not budge. I could hear cracking into his head that was most likely broken. I watched him get the keys and close the door behind me.

"Didn't I tell you that you would end up down here?" He didn't give me time to respond. I was surprised that he locked himself up in the cell that was right in front of mine. He sat on the bench, hands together.

"I don't want to complete the bond either because, Alena, you take more of my sanity each day." He announces.

My breath stopped for a second. I was surprised to hear him speak of our bond this way. It was true; our sanity left each other when we were near each other. I couldn't live without him anymore.